Surging Into Eternity

"Fuck," Patrick groaned, falling on his back, breathing heavily after him and Jonny had taken a very-well needed pre-game warm-up in Jonny's bed.

"Yeah, happy wedding day to you too, Patrick," Jonny said, twirling one of Patrick's curls around his finger, placing a kiss lightly on his lips.

"You bitch," Patrick said, smiling giddily. "Now I've gotta re-do my hero hair," Jonny laughed.

"My hair is the only hero hair in this joint, Kaner. Sorry I had to break it to you this way, but..." Jonny trailed off, kissing Patrick again, then sliding off his bed, strutting happily out of his bedroom. Patrick scoffed, knowing that he could never go back to sleep now, covering his face with his pillow before following Jonny into the kitchen of Jonny's apartment.

It had been pretty lucky for the two boys that they had won the cup (for the second time in three years) a few days before-hand, so the boys agreed that it was finally the time for the two to tie the knot.

Jonny, Patrick and the Hawks Organization had agreed to keep the wedding on the down-low, making sure that only the team, close family members and members of the Hawks organization who absolutely HAD to be there came.

Patrick picked up a bagel from the toaster over and took a bite of it. Jonny taking a sip of his protein shake as Patrick snorted.

"Hey," Jonny said, raising his eyebrows at Patrick, using his: 'maybe if you drank these, you wouldn't be so weak and I wouldn't kill you in every single physical situation we've ever been in together.' Patrick responded with another snort, taking another bite of his bagel as Jonny chuckled and threw something--Patrick thought it was a sock--at Patrick.

"So..." Jonny began speaking awkwardly. "Done the vows yet?" Jonny finished speaking quietly, silently chewing on his bottom lip.

"I--oh God." Patrick said quickly, rushing to get a pen. "Don't talk or do anything to DISTRACT ME during the next hour, Tayyyyyvessss." Patrick dragged out, heading to the bedroom.

Jonny rolled his eyes, as he shouted after Patrick.

"It's my room, Kaner."

"Screw off, it'll be mine tonight." Patrick answered, flipping Jonny off before closing the door behind him.

Jonny laughed, sipping down the rest of his protein shake before plopping himself in the couch of his apartment and taking a well needed nap, and it wasn't like Patrick was gonna come out of the bedroom until his vows were, well, at least better than Jonny's.

"You know, I always knew you liked dick," Sharpy stated simply, grinning profusely as he took on his role of: 'Make sure Patrick doesn't fuck anything up on his wedding day,' now in the stage of: 'Patrick prep.'

Patrick shot Sharpy a look of, 'I hate you,' and 'how the hell would you know that?'

"From the moment you walked into that change room and the way you looked at Jonny...at first I couldn't tell if you guys were just really good friends, or if you were totally in love. And then I realized, it was both." Sharpy said, smiling a bit, then looking down at the ground before glancing back up at Patrick.

"Don't screw this up, man." Sharpy said, giving Patrick a reassuring smile before patting him on the shoulder and heading off to get himself ready.

"Dear Patrick. You are like this ball of light. You buzzed into my life in the weirdest way possible (at the world junior's for fuck's sake), Jonny whispered under his breath so that only Patrick (and the priest could hear). Patrick stifled a laugh as the priest sent Jonny an inquisitous look, Jonny smiling, as he continued. "And you've buzzed through my life, so unexpectedly ever since. To state it simply: You complete me. On the ice and off. You're my other half, even though we couldn't be any more different. I couldn't ever imagine being with anyone else, Patrick. I love you." Jonny said, smiling accesively as he bit his lip, looking down at the ground.

"Jonny," Patrick began speaking. "Everyone would always talk about how serious you were growing up, on the ice and just every day of your life," Patrick chuckled. "So, it came as a surprise to me, that when we first met, you were the most alive person I ever came to know. I know that sometimes you feel like the pressure's all on you Jonny, and I know that sometime's you don't think you're enough, but I swear, you will always be enough for me and I don't give a damn what any stupid bitches say or what any L.A. Queens fans say--" Patrick paused, smirking as there was laughter from the crowd at Patrick's comment. Jonny scoffed.

"Hah. Anyway," Patrick continued. "You're right. We couldn't be any less different, but that just makes me want to know you better. To be with you until we find something we have in common, besides hockey, and of course, being fucking awesome," Patrick said as Jonny laughed. The priest (in this case, Sharpy, taking on the role), sent a glare the boys' way.

"Right, right," Patrick said, clearing his throat, apologizing for the swear.

"Jonny. I want to be with you until the day that we have found something else in common (besides those other things), but I'm guessing that will take forever, so I guess you're stuck with me 'til the end, Jonny," Patrick said, smiling, his eyes tearing up. "But I wouldn't want it any other way." He concluded, chuckling a little hoarsely. Jonny stared at Patrick, awed, smiling widely.

"I--wow, okay," Sharpy stepped in. "I--um--the rings?"

"Right, right." Duncs said, punching Seabs in the arm, motioning for the ring situated in his pocket.

"Jesus, I got it." He mumbled in Duncs' direction. Jonny scoffed as Patrick laughed shaking his head.

Jonny slid the ring along Patrick's finger, a bit too glad that it fit perfectly.

Patrick did the same, adding: "Your fingers are a lot less fat than I thought..." then trailing off, as Jonny punched Patrick in the arm, the two laughing.

"Haha, okay," Sharpy budded in. "You two can like, make out now!" He said, grinning quite a lot.

"Fucking finally," Jonny whispered, leaning down to cup Patrick's face in his hands, waiting to be lost in this moment forever, taking the final step to do the two things he loved the most for the rest of his life: Hockey and Patrick Fucking Kane.