A reunion to remember

She gasped at the sight in front of her. It was just like the good old days, except that the hall was more extravagantly decorated for tonight. The chandeliers seemed to just hang in mid-air, giving the Great Hall a more formal touch to it. Like what she remembered, instead of seeing a high ceiling, stars twinkling in the night sky greeted her. She laughed slightly as she reminisced the first time she stepped foot into this room for her first year in Hogwarts. It seemed as if it was just yesterday that the Sorting Hat declared her to be a Gryffindor. A smile made its way onto her face as fond memories ran through her head.

Her chocolate eyes roamed the enormous room. It was funny that years ago nobody would communicate with those of other houses. Now, she can see several Ravenclaws, Gryffindors, Hufflepuffs and – as hard as it was to believe – Slytherins communicating with each other. And the conversations didn't seem unpleasant. On the contrary, they looked like they were enjoying each others' company. Many thought it was impossible but then again, in the world of magic, almost anything was possible. It was amazing to see such unity now. No matter what others said, the war did bring some good.

She looked around more desperately now, trying to find her friends. The friends she hadn't been in contact with for eight years since she moved to Australia. After the war, she had set off to search for her parents. When she had found them and gave back their memories they were reluctant to leave. So Hermione had decided to move with them, thus, cutting off her communication with the wizarding world and became too occupied with catching up with her parents.

She was just about to give up on looking for her friends and head to the refreshments table when someone called out to her.

"Hermione? Is that you?"

The woman turned around to see a familiar-looking red-head. Her smile widened when she recognized one of her closest friends.

"Ginny!" Hermione gasped and hugged the woman tightly. "I missed you!"

"Merlin! It is you!" Ginny giggled. "I didn't think it was you at first since you've changed so much!"

Now in her mid-20's, Hermione's appearance did look different. Part of her hair was coiled up in a complicated bun while the remaining tresses fell down in waves to the middle of her back. Some russet locks framed her mature yet pretty face. Her light green dress was cinched at the waist and the asymmetrically layered skirt fell just below her knees. It was like the Yule ball all over again but Hermione seemed to catch more attention now.

Hermione laughed. "I'm not the only one who's changed, Ginny. Look at you!"

Ginny's red hair went a little bit past her shoulders; a gold clip held part of her locks back. Her beige, tube dress hugged her waist and flowed down to her knees. Indeed, the woman looked different as well.

"Well, you're certainly the eye-catcher now." Ginny laughed, noticing several of the men staring at her friend's direction.

"And you're not?" The brunette raised a brow. Ginny grinned and pointed at a man in a middle of a conversation with a group of people. "See that guy over there? His eyes are the only ones I want to catch."

As Hermione squinted at him, she noted that he looked very familiar. "Is that... Harry?"

Since he wasn't that far away from the ladies, the man Ginny pointed turned to them at the sound of his name being uttered. His green eyes immediately landed on the red-head woman and he excused himself from the crowd. When he got to Ginny, he placed his arm around her shoulder and smiled at her. "How's your night, Gin?"

"It's wonderful, Harry!" She exclaimed and then she waved her hand towards Hermione's direction. "Do you recognize our old friend?"

That's when Harry noticed Hermione watching them with an amused expression. He scrutinized her, trying to figure out who this familiar woman was. "I don't think I've ever – Hermione?"