what of it

~Awake, arise, or be forever fallen.~
~Milton
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

How does addiction feel?

The nights spent in the depths of a secure facility, on the last hours of her late shift, she haphazardly befriends a man at the helm of an otherworldly experiment. And as friends often do, he offered her a fix of his own crafting. His science, secreted away from everyone, needed a voluntary participant after all.

His willing subject is ripped from her body, her consciousness free of its prison. Weightless and lifting higher; like gravity had reversed. The sky felt imminently close but infinite at once. Euphoric and holy. Like Heaven was a handshake away.

And the high, oh Christ, the high! How to describe such a thing? She'd die for it. Sell her soul for it. For just a brief moment of it. She'll kill.

One inexplicable moment of connection to everything, everyone, every atom in the universe.

Then there's the comedown. A tantric pain spiking down through every inch of whatever still held her together. Again, euphoric in a way but not at all holy. The immense drawback quickens, plummeting her from the delirious intensity to of it all.

People often liken fire to liquid. The flame licks, the encroaching force laps nearer and nearer. But she can't step away.

This is how her addiction feels.

Loss of life, loss of all morality became worth the risk to them both. Because the results were undeniable.

He made it so she could be anyone in the world. He made her invade the driving force in an unwitting mind. Did he make a mistake? He made her become the only person able to stabilize the process and then better yet, evolve with each dive.  

This is how their addiction began.

*coming soon*
*
*
*