Chapter One | Secrets

❝ I'm not as you may think

I'm not as you may think.

+Yoon Haeju

Everyone hates being different. Look at everyone in this world.

What do you see?

People wear the same fashion, everyone follows the crowd, and most of all they are all human.

Me? What am I?

Guess.

Alien? Maybe.

Mental? Maybe.

A serial killer? It depends.

But look closely at my pale skin, and my crimson eyes and you'll see something different.

A monster is what they call us.

Me?

I call myself a vampire.

---

Another death...

I walked down the red velvety rugged carpet that led to my father's study room and like always I saw a dead body being rolled away.

I glanced at his lifeless eyes underneath the white cloth that covered his body, which sent shivers down my spine.

I could never directly kill someone, and it was basically contradicting my whole species.

I was a vampire, but my blood was that of a mix species with a human.

As I finally walked towards the door, I took a deep breath as I knocked the door.

"Come in." My father answered.

I slowly opened the door as I saw a big chair turned. I could see him holding a wine glass with a dark red liquid inside except it wasn't wine.

"Dahee...you know today is an important day for your older sister...don't you?" He swiftly turned the chair to face me.

"Yes." I answered stifly.

"Make sure to assist her with whatever she needs as well."

"I will." I shuffled my feet. "Is there anything else, father?"