Chapter 1: More Than This

Rebecca's POV

"It's 7:30 am. My alarm hasn't even gone off yet. WHY ARE YOU CALLING ME!?" I shouted into my phone. Emma, my best friend, called me at least 17 times in the past 7 minutes.

The first 16 times I hit decline.

The 17th and final time I decided to answer, simply because she wouldn't be calling me this early in the morning for no reason.

"Have you checked Twitter!? Oh my god this is insane! It's been four years, FOUR YEARS!" Emma exclaimed. "What the hell are you talking about you psychopath?" I yawned.

"Harry Styles just announced on Twitter that One Direction is back and that they are going on tour!!!" she said.

Wait, seriously?!

Sure enough, as I open Twitter, Harry's tweet is the first thing that pops up:

The second that I'm finally able to accept that this is even real, Emma completely takes my excitement to a whole other level

"But here's the best part, they're looking for a performer to be their opening act! And anyone can enter. It's open to all ages and everything! Niall tweeted about it!"

Just as I scrolled down, there I see it:

"Becky, you have to enter! This could be huge for you! You could release an album, you could become a pop star!!!" Emma said

Ever since I was a little girl, all I ever wanted to do was perform. I was in every single play and musical my school ever had.

I currently major in the performing arts in college. It's the only thing I had ever pursued.

When I was 13, I decided to start uploading covers onto Youtube.

Over the last six years I had gained about 500,000 subscribers. I had created a name for myself in the universe of social media.

Along with the 500,000 subscribers on Youtube, I had 200,000 followers on Instagram, and 130,000 followers on Twitter.