Gunther saves Kick

Kick and Gunther were prepping for a stunt. a 1000 foot deep box, full of water, and Kick was supposed to ride his skateboard into it and straight out the other side, where he would ride the wave. they were practicing like they did every stunt. he was ready.

"okay Gunther, you're little safety box has been set up." Kick said. he handed Gunther the remote. "if something goes wrong just push the red button. it's an emergency button that lets you free and calls for an ambulance." Kick said. Gunther nodded.

"but what if something goes wrong? Kick we really shouldn't be practicing this one in doors." Gunther said. "if the tank breaks you could drown." Gunther said. Kick gave him a small smile.

"thats why your box is water proof." Kick replied. "I take all the precautions for you." Kick smiled.

"Kick I don't trust the new ramp builder." Gunther said.

"it'll be fine Gunther. just relax." Kick smiled, patting his cheek. he turned on the safety box and jumped on his skate board. Gunther nodded slightly and watched him go. immediately, Kick took off. as he got to the ramp and zoomed up it, or that was the plan. he crashed right through the ramp and through the glass box. Kick covered his face in protection from the glass as he sailed into the water.

"KICK!" Gunther shouted as water filled the room. he jumped as something crashed into his box and cracked it. apparently, Kick had thought of everything but the water pressure weakening the box. Gunther slammed his shoulder against the box, taking a deep breath as it shattered. he held his breath as the water swept him away. Kick was his first priority. he swam up, the water was filling the building quickly. "KICK! KICK WHERE ARE YOU!?" Gunther shouted over the raging water. he took a breath as the water dragged him under. he searched for Kick quickly. Kick had to be in the water somewhere. he looked around, before noticing some of the water was warm and red. Kick was hurt. warm, red water, that was fresh blood, Gunther had learned that years ago. it was warm though, so Kick was close. he swam around quickly, pausing when he saw a flash of white. that had to be Kicks stunt suit. he swam over. Kick was struggling, trapped under a large plate of glass and some rubble. the glass was digging into his legs, causing them to bleed. his face and hands were also bleeding from glass. Kicks face was a little purple. Gunther swam up for another breath, then back down towards Kick at full force. Kick slammed his fists against the glass, looking at Gunther. even Gunther could tell he was afraid for his life. Gunther pulled at the rubble, managing to get a few small pieces off, but the larger ones wouldn't budge, not even with Kick shoving at it. Gunther made a don't move motion with his hands and swam off to find something to get the glass off Kick. Kick was getting tunnel vision. he struggled harder, he was going to die in the water. he was going to drown, but at least Gunther wasn't trapped. Gunther came back he had a pole in his hand, he also had the box remote in his other. he hit the button and Kick nodded slightly. Gunther pried the glass and chunks off of Kick, grabbing his hand quickly. Kicks grip was weak, so Gunther held him tightly, swimming towards the doors quickly. he slammed against it quickly. Gunther pulled back and slammed against it again, just as the fire department opened the door on the other side. Gunther held on to Kick tightly as the water flooded out. a fire man grabbed onto him quickly, pulling them both out of the way. Gunther stood up coughing and pulled Kick close. he pulled Kick to sit up against his chest, beating a fist against his back roughly a few times. Kick spit out water and blood, looking up at Gunther dizzily.

"have I ever told you just how much I love and appreciate you?" Kick muttered, panting.

"you may have mentioned it, once or twice." Gunther replied, leaning against the fire truck where the fireman had dragged them. Kick leaned back against Gunthers chest trying to catch his breath. Gunther hugged him tightly to his chest. Kick couldn't even bring himself to care about anything other then breathing. a paramedic brought each of them a large towel. they wrapped themselves up in them. a news woman walked over to them.

"can I ask you what happened here tonight?" she ask, kneeling down. Kick was shivering, so was Gunther.

"practice stunt gone wrong." Gunther replied.

"this is why we practice. what if there had been a crowd of people and it broke, tons of people could've been hurt." Kick muttered as a paramedic came over to wrap up all his wounds, dry blood all over his face, arms, and legs. of course, Gunther was covered in Kicks blood too.

"are you boys alright?" she ask.

"we're freezing and he almost drowned to death, but I think we're okay." Gunther said, pulling Kick closer.

"god its freezing." Kick said. Gunther nodded.

"okay, we have to get you two up to the hospital." a paramedic said.

"I don't know if I can get up. nearly cut my legs off with that glass." Kick muttered. Gunther stood up slowly.

"thats okay." Gunther replied, holding his towel around himself tightly. the paramedics loaded Kick up onto the gurney and into the back of the ambulance, helping Gunther in next. Gunther climbed up onto the gurney beside Kick and pulled him close.

"thanks for the save, Gunther." Kick muttered, looking up at him. Gunther kissed his head.

"yeah. don't make it a thing okay? you scared the shit out of me." Gunther muttered, hugging him tightly.

"trust me, I had the shit scared out of me too." Kick replied. "thought I was going to drown." Kick muttered. Gunther wiped Kicks face off gently.

"you're face is bloody." Gunther said.

"yeah I know. not much of me isn't." Kick chuckled. as the ambulance moved towards the hospital, they cuddled together on the gurney, shivering. "Gunther, I love you." Kick said.

"I know." Gunther smiled.

"I know you know, but I don't say it a lot and when I do say it, it's usually just to get you to let me go so I can do whatever it was I was doing before. I don't say it enough and I'm sorry." Kick said. Gunther smiled at him kissing his head.

"it's alright Kick, I know thats not really your style." Gunther smiled.

"but I realized I hadn't said it in over three months... and I thought about it when I almost drowned. I felt... guilty." Kick said. Gunther shook his head.

"no it's alright." Gunther smiled. Kick put his finger to Gunthers lips.

"shut up. let me talk." Kick said. Gunther rolled his eyes and nodded.

"talk." Gunther said.

"I know I'm not always the best boyfriend ever. I get snippy and grumpy. I get angry. I forget to say I love you." Kick said. he sighed softly. "I'm sorry Gunther. you deserve better then me, really you do." Kick added.

"are you kidding? I love you to the moon and back. you're the only person in the world I've ever loved Kick. I know exactly how you are. we've been bestfriends since we were like three! I know how you are and I don't mind it." Gunther smiled. Kick smiled slightly.

"thanks again, by the way. no way I would have survived without your help." Kick said. "next time I'll listen to your worries better. I promise." Kick added. Gunther hugged him tightly, then pushed away gently, seeing the news reporters outside the hospital. they had both mutually agreed not to make their relationship public and they didn't need the reporters to see them cuddling. the doors opened and they helped Gunther out, then pulled Kick out on the gurney, forcing him to lay back so they could look him over. Kick groaned softly as they shinned lights in his eye's, poked and prodded him for broken bones, and did other tests as they took him into the hospital. Gunther was walked in. they took care of both boys and let them go home. they cuddled together on the couch. Kick was protective of his boyfriend, but Gunther could be protective too. neither of them could let the other get hurt.