Chapter 1 : The Rescue

I am writing a story for the first time in Wattpad. Hope you like it. Just share any pointers with me about my story. This would help me improve I guess. Thankyou all for reading my work.

Slowly I open my eyes.
Cold air rushed to my lungs, through my larynx down the wind pipe. The coolness in the wind awakes all the senses and sends a chill down to my feet.

I can feel my heart beat, the slightly more than faint sound of lubb and dubb in my chest.

But still my vision doesn't seem to have started its mechanism, or maybe it's dark out here. It's pitch dark down here, as if the whole world is etched in charcoal. The darkness worries me, my imagination supplies many beastly and fantastical thoughts to lurk beyond the range of my vision. My memories are turning into a forgotten lost dream.

What is this strange feeling. I am so hungry. It feels like ages since I have gulped a single particle down my throat. My stomach growled and I squired to try to silence the rumbling. It came in waves and it seemed as though my stomach was slowly digesting itself. How to stop this hunger sensation is now the only obsession in my mind. I see things I can't scrub from my mind.

I don't have a track of time down here. The chill running down my spine makes me feel like someone roped me on an ice sheath or buried me in snow. My whole body craved for an emergency exit from this harsh condition.

A ghostly silence haunts the place. Silence lay like a down filled blanket covering the area and muffling the slightest sound creating an atmosphere of tranquility. Now I hear something very faint in a distance . The faint sound keeps travelling towards me, growing by every second. Slowly but steadily the sound amplifies itself. It's amplifying rate is starting to hurting my ears. Please stop it.

STOP..... STOP....... STOOOPPPP........
AWKWARD SILENCE ......

Its creepy ....
I can see a strange trail of light cutting the darkness at the very far end. I try reaching it but my body doesn't respond, every small step is more like a negotiation rather than an order. I see the negotiation failing after small four to five steps. As I try to extend my arm to reach to the light, the darkness around me starts to slowly dissolve. The light first blinds me for brief moment causing constant glares in my eyes. But my eyes adjusts to the light and now it feels good to be in the light once more.

"Sir come here there is someone under the rubbles. It seems like it's a girl is traped down here." said Oliver.
"See if she is still alive." said Dr Connors.
"Hey miss can you speak? Are you okay?" said Oliver.

I don't know what to say, it feels like my layrnx are blocked and my speech is impaired. I try very hard to speak but the only speech that manages to escape my throat is a faint squeak not audible to my listener. I think someone came to my rescue. I could escape the harsh nightmare now but slowly light starts dissolving. Darkness again surrounded everything. It ate everything in its path. It didn't show any mercy as it captured me and embraced me in its destructive clutches. I am not able to hear anything either, all my senses are impaired. I am losing my senses.

"Sir we need medical help really fast. Maybe she fell unconscious . Her pulse rate is slowing down." said Oliver.
" Hurry up , put her in the ambulance. Move your butts faster. Its life or death for a young girl." said Dr Connors.

"Sir, we are leaving for the hospital right away. Are you not going to join us? "
"No I would be looking after the rescue operation. We may find some more clues down here. It seems quite odd to have found a girl down here." replied Dr Connors.

"Sir there is no one remaining here. We need to vacate , the frame of this building won't stand for a long time."

"Retreat all troops..... I command all troops to retreat now. This is your commander in charge speaking. All troops retreat." said Dr Connors.

I open my eyes in a strangely lit ward. I have no knowledge of how I reached here from that dark chamber. I laid on the bed with strange wires attached to me. I then realise I am in a hospital and those wire are attached to monitor my heart rate. I could only see the ceiling from the positon I am in. The ceiling is plan with cobwebs covering the conners. I still don't understand how I reached here or what has happened with me.

"Nurse she is awake. Please send in a doctor the patient is awake."

"Where am I? What place is this? Who are you all? Please don't subjugate me again. Please let me go. Don't harm me. Please let me go." I screamed.

"Don't worry, you are in good hands. We are hear to help. You just relax and lie down. You have nothing to fear." said the man sitting next to me.

A man in white coat enteredthe room, from his white coat I assumed him to be the doctor.

"I m doctor Zane. Calm down girl , I will quickly examine you now.
You seem all right to me ."the doctor said to me " I would leave u to rest now"

"Do you know your name?" said the man in my ward.

"Yes I am Natasha, Natasha James. And you?" I inquired.

"My name is Oliver Michael.
Nice meeting you Natasha." said the man sitting next to me.

"Cadet will you tell me about the target please" said the man who entered the ward in three piece suit.

"Sir we lost the target in the commotion but we found this girl" said a man who accompanied him .

"What is the target? Who all are you? What do you do?" I asked scared.
I was unable to understand what these strange men were upto.

"Worry not child,we are the good guys" said the man in suit.

" Firstly I am not a child and secondly leave the good guy judgement upto me." I snapped.

" So what would you be like 18 or 19, that still makes you a child." taunted the other man.

"Sorry to interrupt sir but I am 30 or was before you found me. 1985 is my birth year." I said politely to pull his leg.

"I think you misjudged your own age madam. you should be thirty six if 85 was your year, same as mine." said the other man.

"This year is 2015, I think you misjudged your age sir." I mocked.

"Madame this is the Year 2021 you should be the one to update your calendar." said the man.