Prologue

swift as a cat, the mouse ran, over roots and under bushes. The fox ran as fast as she could trying to get the mouse. "eventually, I will get you." Ellie said while running after it. her mother, Jade followed her. "leap on it!" she exclaimed, as Ellie leaped she knew she was going to get it, she finally landed on the mouse's tail as it tried to escape. "Haha! I finally got ya!" Ellie exclaimed, she bit the mouse as it died. "Good job! and it was only your first day too!" her mother said with a sigh of relief she was done running. "Now, lets head back to camp." her mother said. They head back to camp, and everyone watched as Ellie carried a mouse in her mouth. Her father, Grey padded up to them. "Wow!" he exclaimed, "Did you catch that?" he'd ask excitingly. "Yes she did!" her mother commented "She did not give up on that mouse." they all let out a little chuckle. Ellie padded to her den and set her mouse down. "I'm not really hungry...I guess" she mumbled, "I guess I'll save it for later." she padded back outside and walked over to her friends, "I saw you with that mouse in your mouth!" her friend, Sarah exclaimed. "did you really catch that?" Sarah asked, "yes, I did." Ellie said proudly of herself. "it  might of taken a few steps, but I never gave up on it." Sarah looked at her impressed. Along side Sarah, Alex came walking up to them. "I saw you walking up with that mouse! I'm pretty impressed!" Alex said with excitement. "was it yummy?" he laughed with Sarah, Ellie looked almost embarrassed, "I...I didn't eat it yet." she'd said worried they laugh at her, "why not?" Sarah questioned confused. "I wasn't hungry" Ellie said with relief. Ellie's ears went down slightly, "I wouldn't of eaten it after I ran to be honest" Alex confessed. Ellie's ears perched from a slight noise she heard, she'd looked around and saw another mouse. "don't move!" Ellie whispered loudly, she crept on the mouse and pounced on it. she revealed to her friends that she caught it. "Wow!" Sarah exclaimed, "That was cool!" Alex said. "Your doing a good job Ellie" Jade said proudly, "Seems like your going to be a good warrior." Ellie raised her ears higher in excitement. "I wish I could be leader one day!" she confessed with excitement. not only did she wish, yet...she did.