Introduction » Rules & Guidelines

Hello, and welcome to the Horrere Book Club!

Are your books not getting enough attention? Do you wish to acquire more reads and votes, or simply constructive feedback about your work? Then you've come to the right place.

⚡⚡Please read through all of these thoroughly if you're planning on joining!⚡⚡

~*~

Our Goal

Here in the Horrendous Squad community, we believe that each and every one of you have the potential to reach greater heights. It all begins with embracing feedback and constructive criticism from fellow writers all over the world, and that's what we're here to set action in. We also aim to forge strong friendships and a mutual understanding between the members of the Horrendous Squad.

Fun fact: Horrere is latin for Horrendous!

~*~

directory

1. How it works
» I: Featured books [a: Intro // b: How to be featured quicker // c: Being pushed down the waiting list]
» II: Grouping [a: How you're grouped // b: Group leaders]

2. Rules
» I: General rules
» II: Comment guidelines
» III: Punishments [a: Mot completing your assignment/ inactivy // b: Inappropriate behaviour]
» IV: Reminders & chances

3. The Holiday breaks

~*~

1. How it works:
I: featured books //
II: grouping

I (a: featured books) : Every week, four books will be featured in each group. Your book will eventually be featured based on your ranking on the waiting list. Please be patient waiting for your turn to be featured and do not rush us. It's purely a first-come-first-serve basis, and you'll be featured eventually.

(b): Want to be featured quicker? The best reviewers, the ones who constantly give excellent high-quality feedback, will be given a special privilege as a reward for their hard work. Some things you can take note of is the tone of your voice, the quality of your review and the length of your review.

(c): You may ocassionally be pushed down the featured waiting list or remain stagnent in your rank if you do not follow the comment guidelines (2: II) and/ or miss the assignment. So please make sure you read through and follow the rules properly as well as complete your homework. Put a :) beside the book title sector in your application. You should know that I'm a really strict person, and I will not hesitate to remove you from the club if you act like a child.

II (a: grouping): You will be grouped at random. No, you do not get to choose which group you'll belong to, and you do not get to request a change in groups. The purpose of having groups is to ensure that each featured book receives only a limited amount of members' feedback (about 5-20 members), and therefore the number of members reading your book at that period of time will not be the whole club's. Also, if you belong to group 1, it doesn't necessarily mean that your book will be featured in your own group. It may be featured in either groups 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 OR 6.

II (b): There will be five groups, groups I, II, III, IV, V, and VI; thus there will be four group leaders (I'm doing double). Your group leaders will be the ones to check if you completed your assignment, make sure you follow the comment guidelines (2: II), and point out the ones who constantly give excellent feedback. They are book managers in the Horrendous Squad, and you are all required to follow your group leader.
1. Group I: cady_chxshire // cady
2. Group II: cady_chxshire // cady
3. Group III: x_PoeticInjustice_x // ava
4. Group IV: Jey_Nathan // jey