Part 1

I chewed my pencil as the language teacher gave her lesson. I guess I was zoned out, because when the desk phone rang, it startled me. The teacher answered it and responded "Okay" a few times before looking at me apologetically. "I'll do that right now," She said finally, before putting the phone back in its place.
Please don't call my name. Please don't call my name.
"Evan, to the office please."
I sighed, getting up slowly. I stared at my feet as I shuffled out of the classroom. Feeling the eyes of the class, I tried to get out as fast as possible. Before I could make it out the door, the teacher put her hand on my shoulder. Sorry, she mouthed. What was going on?
I opened the door to the principal's office, and I saw two people, adults, in the couch that was meant for students who were in trouble. I figured I'd wait outside, as they looked rather distressed, but one of them, the woman, calls my name. "Evan, oh... Evan. Sit down, please." I sat on the couch opposite her. "Do you know who we are?" I shake my head. "We're the Murphy's....C-Connor's parents." She grabbed the Mr. Murphy's hand as she mentioned Connor. I did know Connor. Connor was the one that had pushed me to the ground earlier that day. He stole the note I wrote, too. The one I was supposed to be writing to myself as an assignment from my therapist. "W-we understand that you were....you were good friends with C-Connor." Her voice started to break, and tears welled up in here eyes. Me? friends with Connor? She looked to Mr. Murphy for help. He began to speak.
"Well, uh... Connor is... no longer with us. He took his own life.
What?!
"I... uh... I'm so sorry..." I manage.
"It wasn't your fault. Here. He wanted you to have this." He handed me a folded up note. I opened it up. This is my note, the one Connor stole!
"We...we didn't know you and Connor were friends..." She began sobbing now, not able to talk.
"I wasn't... I don't...this is... I—"
"But..." she spoke through sobs "We want to get to know you. We think maybe..." she pauses to stabilize her breathing. "Maybe it would help us feel closer to Connor."
"I don't, I didn't really—"
"Please, it would mean so much to us," Mr. Murphy interrupted me.
"Uh..." I can't say yes. "...Okay. Yeah. I'd love too." Shit.

Sorry this is so short and boring, but I plan on time skipping in the next chapter to try to get somewhere. Thanks for reading!