~Last Christmas~

Dedicated to Xerneasgirl01 for the fantastic idea!

Last Christmas~ I gave you my heart~

Sawada Tsunayoshi walked through the Vongola mansion, racing towards the Christmas tree where his long-time middle school crush, Sasagawa Kyoko, stood. He smiled, almost tripping over his feet to which she smiled back.

Before giving her the gift he had bought for her, a beautiful rose hair clip decorated with pearls and lace, he mustered up his courage. Today was the day he would confess his love for Namimori Middle's all time idol.

"Kyoko-chan, I-I've been m-meaning to te-ell you for a-a while b-but um... I-I love you!" He confessed, bracing himself for the inevitable rejection.

"Tsu-kun..." She said. She seemed conflicted, and a couple of emotions which Tsuna could not figure out swam in her eyes. "I love you too," she finally said with a heavy heart. They exchanged gifts, and became a couple soon thereafter.

But the very next day~ You gave it away~

It was now a year later, where they had decided to stay in Namimori for the holidays instead. Tsuna clutched the photo album he had filled with various pictures for his girlfriend of one year, Kyoko.

It was Christmas eve, and he had been walking around to find a gift for his sadistic spartan tutor Reborn when he saw it; Kyoko kissing the kendo champion of their school, Kensuke Mochida.

His heart wrenched, shattering into millions of tiny pieces. He walks towards Kyoko's house to catch up to her, and confronted her about it. "Kyoko-chan, why did you kiss Mochida-senpai in the shopping market?" He asked.

His heartbroken gaze shot daggers through Kyoko, as she stared guiltily at the floor. "The truth is, Tsu-kun.. That I never loved you and started seeing Mochi-kun a week after you confessed. I didn't want to hurt your feelings..." She admitted.

The brunette looked at the floor, tears welling up in his honey-brown eyes. He sucked in a breath and gazed at Kyoko, not noticing the regretful and horrified look on her face at his attempts of trying to stop hiccuping breaths and tears running down his face.

"I'm sorry that I forced you into this relationship, Kyoko-chan. It was never my intention... I must have been stupid to think that anyone could love someone as pathetic as me," he said before turning on his heel and running off.

This year, to save me from tears~

He wandered around Namimori, heart heavy with puffy red eyes and dry tear tracks on his cheeks. He wiped them away, rubbing circled on his wrist to comfort himself which surprisingly worked.

His eyes were now less bloodshot. He spotted his loyal guardians and his best friend, Cozarto Enma, walking towards him. I must look pathetic, he thought, looking down at his slightly dishevelled appearance and bloodshot eyes through one of the glossy window displays.

"Jyudaime! Are you okay?!"

"Tsuna, haha, are you alright?"

"Tsuna-nii! Did you cry?!"

"Sawada! You look EXTREMELY sad!!! Is everything EXTREMELY okay?!!"

"Bossu, are you sure you're alright?"

"Kufufu, you better not be having weak thoughts Vongola. I would hate it if anything happened to my next body."

"Hn, omnivore stop being a herbivore."

All of these were asked by his guardians, and although his cloud guardian, Hibari Kyoya, and his half-mist guardian, Rokudo Mukuro, had phrased their sentences in more of a threat the Decimo could still sense the underlying concern.

He put on a fake smile, gazing at them with tired eyes. "I'm okay," he assured them before scurrying off. The guardians could all see the deep welling sadness he hid in his eyes, and the fakeness of his smile.

And it broke them to pieces knowing they could do nothing to help their beloved sky.

Tsuna suddenly reminded he still has not bought a Christmas present for Reborn, being side-tracked by the... situation with Kyoko and her secret relationship with Mochida. He quickly ran to the shopping market.

Even though he had known Reborn for years, he realised he didn't know the mysterious man as much as he would have liked. There was a small tug at his heart when he realised that, and he subconsciously frowned.

Why did he frown? His relationship with Reborn was purely platonic, wasn't it? Amidst his train of thought he had bumped into someone. He was about to fall flat on his butt, as he usually did because of his clumsy nature, but a pair of strong arms wrapped around his waist just in time.

His eyes trailed from the arms up to the person's face, revealing that it was Reborn who had caught him. "Ah, sorry Reborn! I got lost in thought, hehe," Tsuna chuckled weakly.

Once they were back on their feet, Tsuna blinked. "Ah, I almost forgot! What do you want for Christmas, Reborn?" He asked.

The sadistic hitman eyed his student's face sharply. The almost-visible-but-not-quite tear tracks, the bloodshot eyes and sadness hidden deep within their depths. Not to mention the weak tone he spoke with. Something was wrong.

"What's wrong, Tsuna?" He asked, not bothering with the usual mocking nickname he had addressed the boy with in the past. This was simply not the time and place for that.

His facade broke- he collapsed into the older man's arms and began to cry. The heart-wrenching sobs were drowned out by the busy chatter of the market, but Reborn could hear them very well.

The brunette spilled it all- Kyoko's fake confession, the secret relationship with Mochida, the heart break, all of it.

Reborn held his student gingerly, as if he was as delicate as glass. It wasn't a long shot to find out that this of all things had upset Tsuna, but then again he was very expressive with his emotions. That is what made him a good leader.

He would never try to deliberately make anyone uncomfortable or force them into anything, in fact if only the young Decimo got the choice then he would not have involved anyone into the Vongola as he had been forced to do.

It was a plain and simple fact. Sadly, this made his heart fragile and sensitive.

I'll give it to someone special~

Without a second thought, Reborn pressed his lips against Tsuna's, relishing the feeling for the five seconds it had lasted.

"I want you for Christmas, Tsuna."