Chapter One - Beach fun

I smelled the salty ocean breeze that blew over my whole being, blowing my hair back behind me and forcing my eyes to shut as the sun gleamed in my eyes.
I felt my toes sink in the soft sand, my hands clutched into fists and I titled my head up towards the sky, hearing the sea gulls in the distant and the loud waves thrashing before me. Wet, warm velvety foam met my toes as I looked down at the tide coming in.
I sighed slowly and purposely fell backwards, my head thumped harder into the sand than I would have thought. I spread my arms out beside me and continued to close my eyes, only to be startled when what felt like a sand storm slapped my face abruptly.
"AGhhh!!!" I scream, wiping the sand out of my eyes and coughing annoyingly.
"Oh come on sis, it's just some sand!!!" he laughed and grabbed my elbow and quickly pulled me to my feet, catching my breath, I gave him a cold stare and fast as a fox; I bent down, grabbed a handful of wet sand and threw it in his face.
Unlike me, he laughed and before I knew it he had me up over his shoulder carrying me around like a side bag. He carried me deeper into the water, and my eyes widened when I realized what was about to happen.
"NO Thomas!!! This is so childish!—"
---SPLASH---
I thrashed and turned and splashed water here and there, he was about to walk off laughing like his usual polite self but before he could get away I grabbed his ankle and luckily made him fall into this mess with me. We laughed and playfully pushed each other back and forth, then suddenly a big wave came at us.

The current pulled me under; I held my breath and suddenly was thrown back into the air, but not without another dive in the water from the force. I lifted my head from the warm ocean water, and coughed out the salty fluid. My hair stuck to my face, my dress soaked. Thomas threw his head up, and gave me his crooked smile and held out a hand.

"Sorry sis, seeing you laying there all relaxed; I just had to!" he laughed.
"Ugh you are such a clique brother." I snort.
He gave me a head nudge, "but I'm your favorite brother!" he teased and smiled as I pulled my head out from his grasp.
I chuckled, knowing that yes, he is right. He is my favorite brother, well because the only other brother we have is Bash, he moved out years ago. Me and Thomas were always close, perhaps because we were the youngest, our brother Bash is 17 years older than us.
Thomas stretched his whole body back and yawned so loud I am sure to other people he sounds like a dying rhino, and he put his brotherly arm around me and said lazily "let's get back to the house, mom and dad is waiting."
I grabbed my towel, wrapped it around my sticky body, and we headed up the hill. A group of surfer dudes ran past us and looked me up and down, I quickly ducked my head and my eyes went to my feet.
Thomas laughed and grabbed my wrist, and so swiftly like a ballerina he spun me around and I couldn't help but burst out laughing at the random motion.
"You are so LOVELY!" he dramatically spurts in a British accent.
"Why, thank you!" I shout back matching his tone and accent.
Thomas has always been the kind of person who doesn't care what anyone thinks, his attitude is spontaneous and I can't help but want to be the same way when I am around him.

Together we are probably the most colorful, random, weirdos you would ever know, but apart we are individuals with black and white faces and closed book minds, well actually, correction; that's me when I am not with him.

Authors Note: Thanks for reading my first chapter EVER! Although it's short, please stay tuned, I will be uploading new chapters frequently, and please let me know what you think!♥