Chapter One: The End of The Day Before The Start

It was a dark day. Trees blew side to side. Rain taps the rooftops. Thunder roared. Lightning flashed. Will this storm end? Not one soul knew. Thou, some felt like this was the beginning of a change, a change that will rock the world's foundation...

~~~

A young man of 16 stood quietly at his window, the room cold from his homes lack of capability to heat itself. He could hear his single widowed mother talk in the other room over the phone. His last two weeks before the first day of school consisted of him moving into his new house. His father died when he was ten. They were in the same car when it happened...

The storm roared and the ten year old looks at his dad from the rear seat. "Dad, I'm scared," he said. "It's okay son, we will be home soon..." his dads last words before a truck hit his door, the ten year old watching and in shock as it seems to go slow motion as his father dies and the car turns over. Losing sight of his dad, he unbuckling and crawl out. "Dad? Dad! Where are you!"

The young man shakes his head and goes to the kitchen for dinner.

"How are you doing dear?" His mother asks in a soft, yet slightly monotone voice.

"I'm doing okay Mom," He said calmly eating the take out Chinese food.

"Nervous about your first day tomorrow?" She questioned.

"No, not the first or probably not the last time being a new student at a school," he said in an empty voice. His mother sighs and says softly, "I'm sorry we have moved so much.... but I feel this time it will be different."

He sighs and throws the empty box away and leaves to his room. He gets changed for bed and hear his cat's bell as she jumps in from the tree throw his open window.

"Hello, How is my roxus?" He says sweetly kneeling down petting the small cat who looks like she never grew fully out of being a kitten, yet being three years old. The cat meows at him studding his face. Him having soft yet exhilarating left electric blue eye and right forest green eye. He watches the pure white cat with brown eyes go lay in her cat bed under his desk and he closes the window. Open or closed it wouldn't have changed the temperature of the house. He goes to bed to rest for the miserable first day to come.

***

He wakes up to a purring cat on his stomach and sun hitting his eyes. He looked at the clock. 6:45. At 7:20 his bus will pick him up. School opens at 7:45, and class starts 8:25. Though today instead 8:25 he will be in the gym. He gets up and feeds roxus, then opens the window enough so she can come and go as she wishes. He gets dressed in black jeans that aren't skinny jeans but are tighter and not dragging on the ground like normal jeans. He puts a black shirt on that reads on the front "crazy" in a royal shade of purple. He then puts on put black converse with purple shoelaces that are set to look like pentagrams. He puts his black hoodie on and put his phone in his pocket and put on his backpack. Then put his Beanie on and his black star earrings in and his spikes for his snake bite piercing. He got piercings on his last birthday. He heads out of his room and pockets an apple and a bag of classic potato chips from the kitchen. He then leaves, his mother already left for work that's at a law firm downtown, locking the door behind him he mm and stand at the bus stop. 7:20...7:21...7:22...7:23...

How long will the bus be late?

The bus finally makes at 7:26 driving it it with a 25 year old female opening the bus door and he gets on the bus, only three people in and don't seem to care so he sits down in far back, pulling headphones out and put them on and listens to music. Getting off with five people once they reach the school, he goes inside and finds a spot to go sit and draw in the gym. People look at him, curious if his eye color is real or it he's wearing contacts.