Prologue

Chrysalis huffed as she made her way through the usual snowstorm of the Frozen North. Frostbite covered her hooves. Her horn was broken and cracked. She was wounded from fighting predators that tried to kill her. "Why did you leave me?! I love you, but I shall never get to tell you... because you're gone!". Chrysalis cried. When her legs finally gave out, making her fall into the cold snow, she prayed softly that someone would save her, and let her live to see another day. Then, something glowed next to her. A blood red color gave light in the darkness of the snowstorm. The glow then took the love that Chrysalis had left, and began to grow a solid form. The form took of King Sombra! As Sombra scratched behind her ear, Chrysalis's eyes barely opened. "Shhhhh... it's okay. I've got you. I promise, My Queen.".

Fifteen minutes later...
Sombra laid Chrysalis next to the fireplace, not long after he bandaged her injuries. As he checked her pulse, a worrisome frown spread upon his face. He then took off his armor, and held Chrysalis in his hooves. He gave his love to her as he kissed her lips, connecting their magic so she could feed. After a few moments, Sombra checked her pulse again. He let out a sigh of relief. She was fine. After he laid her back down, Chrysalis moaned softly. Sombra put his cloak on her and laid next to her. He smiled warmly, glad that they were reunited!