III

PERCY WAS OUT COLD FOR MANY DAYS. Selena went to the infirmary he was kept in many times to help take care of him with Annabeth. When she wasn't with him, the girl was training or pranking the other campers.

About a week later, Grover came up to the brunette as she practiced with a bow and arrow, informing her of Percy's awakening. Selena was ordered to accompany Mr. D and Chiron while Grover was to attend to Percy.

She leaned against the porch railing, watching the two 'men' play a card game while waiting for the boy and satyr. Selena smiled at the dark haired boy as Grover whispered to him. "Mr. Brunner!" Percy cried, his sea-green eyes wide while staring at his ex-Latin teacher.

Chiron turned and smiled at Percy, "Ah, good, Percy," he said. "Now we have four for pinochle." He offered Percy a chair to the right of Mr. D, who looked at Percy with his bloodshot eyes and heaved a great sigh. 

"Oh, I suppose I must say it. Welcome to Camp Half-Blood. There. Now, don't expect me to be glad to see you." Mr. D grumbled.

"Uh, thanks." Selena let out a small laugh when Percy scooted a little farther away from him.

"Selena?" Chiron called to the brunette girl, "Dear, why don't you go check on Percy's bunk? We'll be putting him in Cabin Eleven for now."

Selena nodded and said, "Sure, Chiron." She gave Percy a small smile, while in return he narrowed his eyes at her as if he was saying 'what the fuck are you doing here?' before leaving the four to their card game.

She checked on the cabin and made sure Percy had a space on the floor. She grabbed an extra blanket from her bed and placed it there, spreading it out nicely. The cabin was packed, and there was barely any room for him. 

Hopefully, he will be claimed soon.

Luke came up behind her, crossing his arms over his chest and he sighed, "Chiron's assigning him here, then?"

She turned to face the older teenager, the boy who had saved her all those years ago.

He was now tall and muscular, with short-cropped sandy hair and a friendly smile. He wore an orange tank top, cutoffs, sandals, and a leather necklace with five different-colored clay beads. The only thing unsettling about his appearance was a thick white scar that ran from just beneath his right eye to his jaw that he got from his quest last year.

He came back different, but Selena didn't give up on him. She knew the old Luke was in there somewhere.

"If we're lucky, he'll be claimed soon." Luke stated before walking away.