One shot

Adora's POV

I bit my lip as I pulled up in front of Santiago's house. This plan was completely insane, but I could only hope it worked.

I grabbed my bag and started up the brick walkway to the door. Thank god he had given me a key; if he were home right now this whole plan would be a fail.

"Hello?" I calked out, just to make sure no one was here.

When no one answered, I made my way into the kitchen and started to get everything out that I needed in order to make dinner.

I was a pretty good cook, I just chose not to most of the time. I had vague memories of when I was very young when my Mom and I would cook and bake all the time. Brenna and Landon always assumed that was why I never cooked: because it reminded me of my Mom.

As I was boiling the noodles, my phone started to ring across the kitchen.

"Hello?" I asked, balancing my phone between my ear and my shoulder.

"Adora, where the hell are you?" Brenna snapped down the phone, making me flinch. "You didn't tell me or Landon where you were going."

"Oh, sorry Mom," I mumbled sarcastically, rolling my eyes. "I'm over at Santiago's house.."

"He called you to watch the boys? Now?"

"Uh, not exactly..."

I was praying she would just drop it; I didn't want to have to explain what I was doing. I knew Brenna still wasn't ecstatic about mine and Santiago's relationship, if you could call it that. Telling her that I was here to seduce him would only piss her off.

I heard her sigh on the other end of the phone. "Fine. Whatever. I'll leave the lamp on for you."

I let out a big breath when she hung up.

The pasta was boiling, so I got the sauce out to get it ready.

My phone buzzed again, this time with a text from Santiago.

**what are you doing right now**

My heart plummeted; I could only imagine he was asking because he didn't know I was here right now and he needed me to watch the boys.

**nothing important, what's up?**

His next text, six simple words but they set me off.

**I fucking need you right now**

I bit my lip, maybe seducing Santiago wasn't going to be as hard as I'd originally thought.

Once I made sure the pasta was done, I set it out on two plates on the coffee table before I grabbed my bag and took off toward the bathroom.

Asking Brenna to go to the mall to find some lingerie with me was an interesting story. I had to make up some sort of lie about how I was going to go to the bar and find a random guy to have sex with. I just couldn't stand to see her face when I told her that I was still going after Santiago.

I made sure that all parts of the black lingerie were situated right. I'd never been a big fan of super fancy and expensive lingerie. What was the point in spending a million dollars on something so small, especially if you were going to have it ripped to shreds the second the guy saw you in it?

I heard a car door slam out front, which made my heart rate speed up. I was so nervous, I didn't know if he would like this or not.

You can't be nervous now, get out there and show him what he's missing.