This Missing Package

A/n: I'm not gonna give out the man's name (because I forgot) or his wife's name. Along with a phone number. This is just my story from my point of view and maybe theirs if I can in a way explain it. This story is to release my held in stress.

So, do any of you know, that if a package that doesn't belong to you gets signed by you as if it gets delivered to your front door it belongs to you right then and there? I can slightly believe it even if people didn't pay for that package in the first place kinda makes me sad.
This man ordered a package for his children for Christmas, and I know he has around two or three kids because he is actually the man who lived in my house two years ago.
...why didn't you change the address to your new place? If you KNEW it was getting delivered here more than once then why did you come so close to Christmas when you could have shown up three days ago?
That's all he kept repeating
"It's for my children, very expensive gifts"
"Please I don't care if it had been opened give it back"
He kept showing me his phone as proof.
I kept saying to him "we looked.its not inside. It's not outside. It could have been stolen or they could have taken it back".
"No no they don't take back, they left it here"
WHAT ELSE I'M I SUPPOSE TO SAY??
I already fucking told you I DON'T HAVE IT.
This stupid place kept telling us to sign it after many times of us saying IT DOESN'T BELONG TO US!
If you are going to work as a delivery man you need to tell someone that the package is at the wrong address lets email or call the person to see what the is up.
Do they not do that?? You know how many packages would probably stop being stolen in the future if you email or call the person?
Its a gift for his children. He's in full panic mode. What the actual fuck?
Now here is the big deal, in which I blame my brother for, my dog likes to bark, my little bundle of joy pappi (pappy which is how I like to spell his name). Jacob told him to shut up and that is when the man realized someone was home, BUT EITHER WAY, THERE WAS NO CAR IN THE DRIVEWAY.
THIS MAN PARKED IN THE DRIVEWAY KNOWING NOBODY WAS HOME AND KNOCKED ANYWAYS.
I was so tempted to say "dude, look I'm sorry, but I'm just 16, I'm not old enough to sign off a package and even if I was 18 I wouldn't anyway."
This man rung our doorbell 3 times and each time it was even harder on our poor doorbell. Looked in our window and knocked.
Like, he would have known the children were only at home why do that? Why?
I wanted to ask him so many questions and yell at him.
He threatened to call the police maybe 3 or 4 times.
He even said he called the police "right now".
HE DIDN'T CALL ME THEM SO OBVIOUSLY HE WAS TRYING TO THREATEN US.
he left to go to the post office to look at the cameras which I'm pretty sure they won't let him go and see and my dad came over.
I say came over because my parents are divorced and my mom is at work.
My dad called the police and that is when we were told the package thing wasn't a big deal and such and the package was ours if it were to be signed by a family member.
I ended up getting the guys number and the police called the man and said that the family (the two kids you put stress on) has nothing to do with the package and to leave us alone.
So yea, this whole thing made me want to puke, shake, and cry

So here is what they should have learned.
Why not change your address a year, TWO YEARS after you moved? Why order something NOW and not change it.
Also, don't fucking knock on people's doors if no car is there, don't park in their driveway.
Have some common sense even if Christmas is 3 days away. They should have been more prepared.