Chapter One

My alarm woke me, with its annoying screeching. I quickly turned it off and rolled over under my sheets.

My sister entered the room with her toothbrush in her mouth. She turned on the lights and opened the curtains. She slapped my leg and said, "Get up, we have to leave soon or we are going to miss the train. Don't want to be late on your first day."

I slowly rose from my blanket tomb. The blankets falling off me and I got up. I have never been a morning person. The only reason I'm getting up this early is because like my sister. I got a letter. Yep I'm a witch so is my sister.

My sister got her first letter three years ago. My mom's sister was a witch as well. Guys in my family just never got the genes passed down to them. My grandma says because there is a special gift that is passed down as well. The power to shapeshift into your spirit animal and the reason guys can't get it is because pain tolerance is key to shapeshifting. In all honesty I thought my grandma lost her marbles, but she was right. 

My sister shapeshifted soon after her eleventh birthday. Though it would have been cool if we could turn into any animal we wanted, we can't. We only can shapeshift into one animal. Maybe two if we train hard enough. My sister is a Lynx. No surprise there. She always was a cat fan, she loved anything that had whiskers and meowed. 

Me on the other hand, I was born in the summer, so I got my letter after I shifted for the first time. Let me tell you, it hurt like hell. No wonder grandma said guys couldn't shapeshift (woman are proven to have higher pain tolerance than men). I was confused when I turned into a Badger. I thought  I would be something cooler, but I soon realized it was fucking awesome. 

Let's go back to the present shall we. My sister was already dressed and painted with makeup. She inherited my mom's beautiful green eyes and smooth caramel hair. I wasn't so lucky. I got my dad's blue-gray eyes and dirty blonde hair, not to mention my dad's broad shoulders. Something we both shared was our snow white skin from our mother's side of the family. We don't tan we burn, it sucks. 

I slowly made my way to my closet and put on a pale blue plaid button up and some loose jeans I got at the thrift store. I put some white socks on and my dark brown leather boots. This was a normal look for me. I grabbed my satchel that was prepacked the night before. Inside it contained my wand that I had gotten from my grandmother-who was close friends with a wand maker,  my sketch book, a small metal container with colored pencils, two books, a pencil case with pencils and others of the such, and other things that don't have much meaning to the story (ooooh fourth wall break, ok I'll stop). I also had a trunk/suit case filled with necessities. 

I brushed my teeth and walked down stairs with my stuff to eat breakfast. I set my trunk and satchel next to the front door, so I won't forget it.

I sat at the table were my mom was eating and reading a book called 'The Witch's Flower', by the look of it, it must have been ancient. The brown leather that bound the book together had been falling apart and the Golden letters on the cover were peeling off. My mom loved reading old novels. She says that books not only have a story inside their pages, but a story of were that book came from. 

My dad was cooking in the kitchen, he was probably the only one that could cook edible food that wasn't cereal in the house. My mom tried trust me, but after her attempt we had to order take out. A for effort. 

I ate my food slowly worried about how the school would take to me. I had short blonde hair in a guys hair-style. I dressed like a guy and at first glance I look like a normal teen boy, until of course the see my boobs that stuck out like a sore thumb. And no I'm not a tomboy, well in a way I am, but not the point, I'm gay. Yep I find girls attractive, and I feel no sexual attraction to the male gender. And I have told my family they know and weren't surprised.

I shake my head trying not to think of it. I put my focus on my sister that walked down the stairs, she walked as if she owned the place. I roll my eyes and focus my mind on my food.

-Time skip brought to by burnt chicken nuggets-

We soon were ready to leave the house, me and my sisters trucks, supplies, and our owls were neatly packed into the trunk of our Jeep. We said goodbye to my dad since he would be staying home with my baby brother, while my mom drove me and my sister to the train station. 

The drive was silent, besides the clickes of my sister texting her friend that are going to Hogwarts that she was on her way to the train station. I just put my earbuds in and listened to music as we drove.

When we reached the train station we put our stuff into carts and walked to 9and3/4. We went through the barrier like it was nothing and soon had to say goodbye to my mom.

Our goodbyes were filled with my mom crying, promises that we will write letters and come back for the holidays. Soon we were on the train and my sister soon disappeared to go hang out with her friends, and I found a empty seating area ( I forgot what the little rooms on the train were called). 

When the train started to  move I put my earbuds in and waved at my crying mother through the window. When my mom was out of view I pulled out my book and started to read. Soon a boy ran into the room and quickly shut the door and ducked under the window so people outside the room couldn't see him. Three boys outside the door ran past, surely looking for him. He laughed as the boys ran past. 

He muttered under his breath saying "Dumb snakes", I guess he didn't notice me. 

He turned around and seemed to be surprised that I was there. I got a good look at him. He had dark brown hair almost black and icey flirtatious eyes. I knew he was trouble, just by looking at him. But then again he seems like someone I would be friends with.

He spoke first, "Oh sorry didn't see you dude." Does he think I'm a guy. 

All of a sudden he realises his mistake, when he sees my girlish features. His face flushes up and stutters out, "S-s-sorry Miss."

I just shrug and say "Whatever it happens a lot, and I really don't mind."

He gives a relieved chuckle and I go back to reading. He sits next to me and looks over my shoulder and starts reading. Now this started to get uncomfortable. I shut my book and I looked at the boy.

" What do you want?" I say a bit agitated. 

He responded by saying " I want to get to know you."

well that was a fun two hours of typing see you gays later. (1270 words)

~Etta