CHAPTER 1: " The Mysterious Portal"

Sometimes I get the feeling that I don't belong. Almost like something is missing. I try to keep positive thoughts about these things but it's hard to ignore feelings like that. I wish I was different than I am now. I wish i could explore more and find out things for myself.
   Mom would always say "Adventure awaits!" but I guess that wasn't enough motivation. Sometimes I feel the only motivation/adventure is my boyfriend Cloud. He's been my everything since we've been together. Everyone calls him Grey Cloud because he tends to be quiet and depressing-like but thats only the outside. He's a sunny day on the inside and no one else sees it but me. He's the perfect example of "don't judge a book by its cover".

     Whenever he would come over we would go on mini adventures. Anywhere that wasnt home. Even if it's a simple walk to the park, for me it was a trip. He's the kindest person I have ever met. He's such a sweetheart and such a caring person.
     He loves animals, food and he loves to make me happy and it's the same for me as well. Whenever I'm around him it gives the world brighter colors. He's the light in my darkness and the sunshine in my days. On the weekends when we are both not busy, we would sit on a hill in the warm summer breeze to watch the sun fall from the sky. During those moments I would wrap my arms around his for comfort and warmth.

     As I lay here in my room 11pm at night, Cloud and I were texting each other and talking about our days. Tomorrow was Friday meaning he would come over and we would spend time together. He asked for selfies because he wanted to see how cute I was in bed. I sent a bunch of them while making weird faces. Cloud is the only person I would ever do that for as I have high anxiety and coukd never do that with anyine else. He said my faces makes him laugh and smile and always made his worst days the best.
     While we were both texting and fooling around I head a noise from outside in the backyard. I got out of bed and towards my window. There was a bright white light coming from my treehouse.

"What the hecking heck is going on out there?.." I said to myself. I went downstairs and out of the back door being as careful as possible to not wake my parents. As I closed the door behind me I looked up at the treehouse looking at the light beeming from inside. I was a bit nervous but maybe it was my neighbor and goodfriend Sammy who was up there. She's done it before and would have done it again. I slowly started to climb the trunk of the treehouse being careful not to fall. As I peeked up inside I couldn't believe what I saw.
    Inside was some sort of portal glowing a bright white color, almost blinding. I climbed into the house to see what was really going on. It felt like I was dreaming, but then I came to the most logical explanation there was.

"ALIENS! THERE'S ALIENS IN MY TREEHOUSE!" I yelled. Then a heard a voice that said "Hey! Shh! You don't want to wake anyone else do you?" The voice was of a boy.

"And they can speak english too.." I said.
"Would you quit with that? I'm not an Alien." Said the voice.

    The person then slowly started to emerge from the portal. As they emerged I grabbed my wooden baseball bat that I always keep up here incase something like this happens. The person then fully emerged from theblight and I didn't hesitate to take one big swing at it.

"H..hey! What are you doing??" He said.
"YOU'RE NOT ABDUCTING ME TONIGHT ALIEN! GET OUTBOF MY TREEHOUSE!" I yelled at him.

"I told you I'm not an Alien! Just look at me!" He said to me. I opened my eyes to take a peek and he was right. He wasn't an Alien.

"You're...not an Alien?" I asked in confusion.

"Of course not! Sheesh put that bat aeay would ya?" He asked. I did so but was still confused as to how this mysterious boy got here.

"Soo, you wanna explain to me what the heck is goin mg on here?" I asked him.

"Well where do I even start?..I guess it would be sorta hsrd to explain." He responded.

He didn't seem dangerous at all now that I got a better look at him. He looked human. He had a sort of light violette hair short color, wearing a black cloak with extremely ugly shoes.

"I dont know who or what the heck you are but your taste in fashion is trash dude." I told him.
"In fact..are you sure that's not what you're wearing right now?" I said again.

"You met me less than a minute ago and already you're insulting my clothes? Unbelievable." He said with an annoyed face.

"Well maybe you should dress better in front of a Queen/Unicorn/Superstar don't you think? I asked him.

"There are Soo many things wrong with what you just said. First of all you don't look like a superstar, especially dressed in pajamas coverd with eyeballs. Secondly unicorns dont exist. They died long ago, and thirdly..You. Are. A. Princess! NOT the Queen. Big difference!" He ranted.

"Okay dude...you've seriously got some serious problems...seriously." I told him.

"Okay look I don't have time for this. I need you to come with me." I said holding out his hand.

"Uh..excuse me?" I asked.

"Theres something I must show you, so please just come okay?" He said once more.

"You really expect me to just go with some creepy guy that just plopped out of a portal of light and be okay with it??" I said to him with an attitude.

"Should've known this wasn't gonna be easy.." He said to himself.

"Okay look, my name is Kaio, Obviously I'm not from this world and neither are you." He said to me.

"Wait..what?" I asked.

"Haven't you ever felt like you don't belong? Like there's something missing in your life but you don't know what?" He asked. He was getting on to something because that is exactly how I feel and have always felt.

"I'm dreaming right?...who are you really?" I asked him.

"Hehe I just told you. Imagine finding out all the answers to all of yout problems. Wouldn't you want that right now? Don't you want to finally start a real adventure to find out who YOU really are?" He asked.

I couldnt help but to get more curious that I already am. I wanted to take a chance because I wanted things to change in my life. Plus if he tried anything funny I'd wack him in the head with my bat.

"Okay...fine, I'll follow you. It's not everyday a magical alien boy appears out of a portal anyway. What's the worst that can happen?" I said to him.

"Okay for reals...stop calling me an Alien. Not cool man." He said to me.

"Now here, take my hand." He said holding out his hand once more.

"Where are we going anyways?" I asked him.

"To our world, our real home." He said.
    We slowly went into the portal as I saw my house disappear from behind me. It seems we were in a void of darkness, as if all time was passing by.

"H..hey, I'll be able to get back right?" I asked him.

"Of course, it would be your choice to choose which world to stay in. After that "she" will close the portal gates for good." He responded.

"She?" I asked in all curiousity.

"You'll know who in time." He said.
"Okay we're entering the exit now, hang tight." He said as he gripped my hand. Up ahead was what seems to be the exit out of the portal. We approached closer and closer to the light, then things went blank.

"We're here!" I could hear Kaio say. After the bright flash, I opened My eyes to one of the most spectacular sights I have ever seen. I could safely say that I was no longer on earth.