A Highly Valued Employee Chapter 1

This is an Angel/Buffy crossover fan fiction story.

After Buffy is killed by Anya the Vengeance Demon, Wolfram and Hart sends Fred to assess the situation in Sunnydale, and they send Harmony along, to be her bodyguard.

This story contains various degrees of sex, violence, nudity and bad language.

I do not own any of the characters in this story. They belong to the Producers the TV Shows "Angel" and "Buffy Vampire Slayer", and the Producers of the other Shows, whose characters are mentioned.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 

                                                                  1

The sun was about to set, when Harmony's alarm went off. The 23-year-old woke up naked, with a naked dead guy in her bed. She'd always felt good when that happened. She couldn't think of a better way to start the night. Then she thanked God for what she'd had to eat.

She got up and stood in front of the mirror, brushing her fangs, combing her yellow, shoulder length hair, and fixing her make-up. The full figured Harmony, wondered why no one else could see a vampire's reflection, but she could see her own. She liked what she saw. When she extended her fangs, her face did not become disfigured, like they did on those fictitious vampires, who were featured on certain popular TV shows.

She thought, I'm a deadly beauty.

She put on her bright yellow dress, with matching vest and pumps, and picked up her matching handbag.

She reached in her handbag, and took out a copy of the "Vampire's Handbook"; which was subtitled "Being a Vampire Doesn't Have to Suck". Under the subtitle was a cartoon smiley face with fangs. Under the smiley face was the blurb "What every new vampire should know."

She walked over to the bed, put a copy of the handbook between the dead guy's limp fingers, gave him a kiss on the cheek, and went out the door.

Harmony worked nights as a receptionist, on the 38th floor of the Wolfram and Hart Building, which stood 50 stories high in the middle of Downtown. Her desk faced across the Lobby toward the Executive Offices, with a bank of three elevators to her left.

This evening, living and undead employees stepped off the elevators dressed in business attire. The men and women moved through the Lobby, heading for their offices, along the corridor to Harmony's right, at the beginning of the work night.

There were copies of the 48 page "Vampire's Handbook" stacked on the desk, for anyone to pick up. On the desk, there were also copies of this month's edition of "Undead Living Magazine".

A sign hung on the wall behind Harmony, facing the elevators, declaring:

"WOLFRAM AND HART HEADQUARTERS, IS A VIOLENCE RESTRICTED ZONE. NO KILLING OF ANY W & H EMPLOYEES OR VISITORS IS PERMITTED ON THESE PREMISES, EXCEPT BY THOSE INDIVIDUALS, AUTHORIZED TO ENFORCE SECURITY, AT THEIR OWN DISCRETION. ANY EMPLOYEE, IN VIOLATION OF THIS PROHIBITION, WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DISMISSED.

W. & H. MANAGEMENT."

This evening, Harmony sat at the Reception Desk, speaking with Winifred Berkle; "The sweetest gal alive (for now) at Wolfram and Hart". The dark haired "Fred" stood beside the desk, wearing glasses and a white lab coat. She held a clear plastic sandwich bag.

Harmony asked her, "Have you got any plans for this weekend?"

"Not really."

"Well Freddie girl, I've been thinking. I'd like to help you celebrate your engagement to our boss, Mr. Wesley Wyndham-Price. Can you think of anything you'd like to do?"