ACT I

ACT I

SCENE 1

At RISE

(In a house located in Batangas City, around 11 o'clock on a Sunday morning, ANGELENE walks around the

living room and wanders what she can do. She feels so bored, so she sits on a sofa located at the center

of the living room and grabs her phone above a table right beside the sofa.)

ANGELENE

Oh, what a boring Saturday morning. I have nothing to do. Hmm. Aha! What if I just read a story in Wattpad. Hmm.

(She opens her phone, and then opens the Wattpad application.)

What is the trending book today? Wait! "Romeo and Juliet"? It seems like I've heard of this before. Let's see. In the beautiful city of Verona, where our story takes place, a long-standing hatred between two families erupts into a new violence. Two unlucky children of these feuding families become lovers and committed suicide. Their unfortunate deaths put an end to their parents' feud. This is the story of their doomed love and their parents' anger, which nothing but the children's deaths could stop.

(Angelene exits and lights off.)

ACT I

SCENE 2

At RISE

(Curtains open, lights on and the scene is in a casino where the MONTAGUES and CAPULETS play poker on the left side where a long table is located. BENVOLIO, MR. MONTAGUE and MRS. MONTAGUE sit beside MERCUTIO. Opposite of them is MR. CAPULET and MRS. CAPULET sits beside TYBALT.)

MERCUTIO

Well-played my friend, but I won.

TYBALT

(Tybalt abruptly stands up, messes up the stack of chips and shouts.)

But it's unfair. You're a cheater! I should be the winner!