Chapter one

* I do not know any British sign language only American Sign Language. For the sake of Avas accent she uses British sign language.*

Ava didn't know what to do at her new school, she didn't know where any of her classes where. She was to afraid to ask anyone, it was her first day.
Then Ava hears the words she didn't want to hear. "Ava Skye, come to the office please."
Ava knew where the office was because she had left it only a few minutes ago. Ava walks in and looks at the clerk and the desk.
The thing about Ava is, she hasn't talked in years because of her past. She uses sign language to communicate, as she isn't deaf but has gone so long without talking that she can't talk now.
She signs "I'm sorry for being late to class but I had trouble finding the classes, this school is big."
The clerk knew what she was saying as the school is taught asl and bsl because of the many students.
She excuses Ava and tells her it is fine. And tells Ava that she will have Jaxson. A student who goes to the school help her around as they have the same schedule.
Jaxson gives her a rude look and grabs her hand and pushes her outside walking to their class.
"You made me late, if I missed anything I am hurting you, you understand me Ava." He looks at her and raises his eyebrows. Ava flinches and looks down.
As they enter the class Ava knows to smile and act as if nothing happened. Jaxson happily sits down as he waits to know if he missed anything.
"Ava, Jaxson, nice to see you. You didn't miss anything you only missed a few seconds anyways. Ava come introduce yourself."
Ava awkwardly stood in front of the class and smiled.
She signed "Hi my name is Ava Skye. I don't really know how to talk so I sign. I'm 15 years old, if you have questions feel free to ask."
The class raised their hands and she smiled feeling somewhat better about her in-counter with Jaxson.
Ava points to a cute looking boy in a grey hoodie. He smiles a gentle smile and says "Why can't you talk."
Ava being the kind girl she is she smiles and signs "When I was younger I was abused, I stopped talking because everything I said was something my abuser didn't like. I learned to sign and not talk."
Ava was still abused to this day, her own father and mother abuse her. Ava might be rich but her life at home isn't as pretty as people think. The class looks down feeling bad and Ava finds a seat in the back row by the window, mesmerized by the pond.
The teacher started talking and she looked ahead and wrote notes down. If Ava was to fail her parents wouldn't be so happy...

Messed up worldOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara