Mini fic

A/n: I really love fluffy, emotional stuff. Especially with Jedi who pretend to have no emotions.

This takes place a long time before episode 1.

"The so called 'Fleur noir' is one of the most dangerous plants in the universe. Apparently it traps it's victims in a never ending nightmare," Qui Gon explained to Mace as they both entered the hanger.

"Honestly Qui, for someone who doesn't care for the rules, you take mission debriefings awfully seriously. I already read the files; I know," Mace said.

"And for someone who's a stickler for the rules, you're awfully laid back about it," Qui Gon huffed, crossing his arms.

"I'm not 'laid back' about it, I just recognise the fact that we are two trained Jedi knights. We'll be fine; it's a simple mission." Mace hopped onto the space craft.

"So simple that it requires two Jedi knights, and no padwans," Qui Gon muttered under his breath as he hopped onto the ship aswell.

"You know aswell as I do that it's the planet, not the mission, that is 'too dangerous' for padwans." Mace sighed.

"And the 'Fleur Noir' are apart of the planet," grumbled Qui Gon.

........................................................................

Okay, so maybe this wasn't so simple, Mace thought grudgingly, as he deflected another blaster bolt with his lightsaber.

A droid was trying to kill them. How friendly.

They were in a thick jungle; the air was hanging heavily about them, sticking to their skin. It was like moving in treacle. The constant buzz of flies around their head didn't help either. Especially since the flies had a toxic mucus on their feet. Not enough to do much damage, but they did sting. A lot.

Qui Gon then cut the droid in half. "One more," he panted.

They were trying to stop all the robots before they escaped with state secrets. Secrets which could apparently endanger the entire galaxy if they got into the wrong hands.

Unfortunately, the droids had led them into the jungle. Not just any jungle. The jungle known for being the most dangerous in the universe.

The animals that lived there... most could kill a human through simple touch.

Spiders for example.

Spiders weren't scary exactly, but Mace had to admit that the huge furry ones gave him chills.

Pull yourself together, he thought. They are just creatures; creatures that scuttle in a really gross manner, and have more eyes than should be physically possible; but still, just creatures. So long as you don't touch them, everything will be fine.

Another one appeared and Mace almost yelled. Almost, but no quite. He couldn't let Qui know that a little thing like that was freaking him out. He used the force to push it out of his path, and, making sure his mental shields were securely in place, he continued to follow the directions on their tracker. The last droid wasn't far away.

"Mace..." Qui Gon said nervously.

Mace ignored him for a second. He had spotted the last droid. They could finally get out of this infernal place.

"Mace, you need to be extra careful-" Qui Gon warned.

"-It's right there, we can sneak up on it," Mace interrupted.

"There are 'Fleur Noir' around," Qui Gon intergected.

"Then we'll avoid them," Mace whispered, igniting his lightsaber.