7 ||

Chapter 7

Aaron was by sense, ignoring me.

I had watched him like a hawk during dinner, during tea and during his free time. I should have been watching the other inmates too but it was just too damn hard.

Aaron was just too good to look at.

Aaron hadn't looked at me once. Not one, small, even tiny little nod of acknowledgment. He must have known I was in the room, he must have. But no, he didn't pay me any thought.

I should have felt relief in that statement, I should have felt somewhat better... but I didn't.

I wanted him to look at me, I wanted him to take me in, I wanted him to desire me. Maybe that's what all this was, me wanting to be desired.

I had grown up in school being the outsider. I was the shy, quiet loner who preferred to stay on the down low, like wallpaper. And now, I wanted to be the centre of attention, I wanted to be looked at the way my friends had been looked at by their partners.

I wanted it off Aaron.

I mentally shook my head. Why was the forbidden fruit the only fruit I wanted right now? Why couldn't I feel this way with someone I was allowed to sleep with?

Life just had to be hard.

I was currently in the prison's gym. I had to monitor the inmates here and to some certain relief, Aaron wasn't here. Every time I looked at him it reminded me of what I could have had and I didn't want to feel that way.

The gym here was relatively big and we were one of the only prison's who had it. It was important though as it is said that it helps with mental health across the board for any inmate. No objects that could be used to harm anybody, however, was allowed.

There was some running machines, rowing machines and also some weights connected to their own machine, in which none of the machines could be moved or picked up. The gym was under surveillance at all times and weirdly, I felt safe in a room full of criminals here.

Everyone was so busy with their workout to even pay me any mind.

Suddenly, I felt the air electrify around me as Aaron stepped in to the room. As soon as he did, his eyes set on mine and I didn't have chance to look away. He let his eyes do one sweep over my body before he turned away and moved to the running machine at the far end of the room.

My hair was stood at the nape of my neck, but disappointment ran through me sharply as soon as he turned away.

I tried not to let it bother me and instead I watched him as he jumped on to the machine and stated a brisk walk. His thick calves were working in to motion and his body full of muscle moved like liquid to the movement.

Jesus, he was so fucking hot.

Once he started to run, I was done for. I watched him without taking me eyes off of him. He worked like a machine, he worked with determination and power and authority.

I wanted him to work like that above me.

I started to sweat myself as I watched him. My body was becoming aware of every single little thing he did, every single movement he made. My body was aching for him, craving him as I watched.

I needed him above me.

I had never, ever wanted to do anything bad like this. I had never thought about putting my job, my career, my education on the line for anything or anyone, but with Aaron? I just couldn't help myself.