Defying Fate

When you're seventeen and you still haven't had a boyfriend, you sort of start to give up. But there is always that glint of hope inside of you that tells you to keep waiting for your dream boy. I'm sure my prince is on his way, he's just not on a white horse... he is on a turtle... going backwards. Or there is another possibility, maybe the whole forever alone thing is real, and I am just one of those unfortunate people who has to face the fact that I will never fall in love.

Months passed... dances passed... of course I wasn't  invited to any of them. I figure that that is only because I am a goddess and boys are too afraid to approach me. But enough about that because now it's summer and I am determined more than ever to find the guy of my dreams. You don't even have to ask, yes he has Channing Tatum's body, Harry Style's hair, Zayn Malik's eyes, Justin Bieber's luscious lips, Louis Tomlinson's funny personality, and Liam Payne's caring heart. Yeah, this guy sounds pretty unreachable and a little odd looking doesn't he? But not knowing what a real boyfriend is like gives me pretty bad judgement of what they should be.

Today is officially the first hot day of summer so I plan on showing off my new curves from my everyday workouts on demand. I threw on my neon pink bikini, skipped the sun tan lotion, and hopped in my best friend Britta's car and heading off to go boating. When we arrived, Britta's step dad was waiting for us and we hopped right on the boat. I volunteered 'as tribute' of course being the crazy Hunger Games fan that I am, to go tubing first.

When I got on the tube I watched the water swiftly shifting below me. The boat started to pull me and I made sure to grab the handles as tightly as I could. Britta being one of the sweetest people I know had her step dad whip me back and fourth at speeds that made my face ripple uncontrollably like an overweight pitbull sticking its head out the car window. And with one more jerk I was in the water gasping for breath.

I whipped my hair out of the water wrung it out, and wiped the layer of filth off of my face. Apparently Britta was jamming out so loud to her Ipod that she didn't hear my crash so I was left behind floating... Suddenly I heard the whip of a jet ski and when I turned the guy riding it was directing it right towards me. He was really hot so I didn't want to scream like an idiot but I also didn't want to be crushed... so I yelled "PLEASE DONT RUN OVER ME!".... I saw him smile as he  slowed down, pulled right up to me and reached out his hand. "Need a lift" He said smiling.

I was suddenly flustered with emotion and I was speechless. I reached out my hand and he pulled me up with one swift tug. I wasn't sure what to hold so I grabbed the handle bars on the sides of my seat. "Hey you know you can put your arms around me, it's easier to hold on that way" he said looking into my eyes. "Oh okay" I said nervously. "So whats your name" he questioned. "My name is Aliah, you" I questioned back. "It's Carson, Carson Strawley." I smiled and laced my arms around his life vest, and just as I did so, I saw Britta and her step dad coming toward us on the horizon.

 We met up with them half way slowly pulling up to the side of the boat. "I'm so sorry Aliah, Britta isn't the best flagger" her stepdad said. "I'm really sorry Aliah! Please forgive me!" She said panicking. I got off of the jet skii and back onto the boat. "Thanks for saving me Carson" I said smiling thinking this would be the last time I could see him. "Wait a sec" he said looking for something. "Can I get your number?" I was a little awe struck, no guy had ever seemed this interested in me. "Uhhh, sure, ya." I said awkwardly feeling like a complete idiot. I grabbed his phone and typed in my number. "I'll call you sometime then?" he said "Yeah I'm looking forward to it" I said smiling.