8 ||

Chapter 8.

              "Everything's fine, mom." I stated down the phone. I hadn't told her I nearly had sex in a stock room with a prisoner. My god, how would she even react to that? How would anyone sane react to that?

"We miss you. Will you be coming to visit sometime soon?" She sounded hopeful.

"I'll see if I can get some time off soon. I just want to impress that's all." I hadn't been doing a good job of it. I told the chief I had the shits whilst preoccupied with a tattooed God. This job really wasn't going so well.

I loved it and I wanted to do everything I could to impress but it was just too hard when my mind was shot to pieces. A man had never gotten to me so much before in my life.

God Damn you, Aaron King.

"You've always been so determined and hard working." Pride dripped from every part of her voice. My heart melted at the sound of her voice. My mother had always been so proud of her children, every single one of them. She was an angel and I appreciated her more than she ever knew.

"I love you." I said. I missed her terribly but all this was for her. I wanted her to be proud of me, I wanted to work so I could provide her with anything she needed.

She'd never ask for anything but I wanted to be comfortable so I could treat her for what she had done for the family.

"I love you too, Chloe." Her voice was a small whisper.

We hung up the phone shortly after and I flopped down on to my bed.

Ever since moving here my life had made a huge change. I wasn't living with my parents anymore, I didn't have anyone to come home to and then, to top it all off, I was acting like a horny school girl again.

Well, I was never one of them but still, I had been feeling things lately that had stayed dormant for so long.

Maybe I really was becoming a woman.

My ex boyfriend, Brad, was everything I used to love in a man. Typically, we ended it mutually one evening and I never turned back. We were both boring and boring eachother, a combination that just didn't always mix.

As soon as my back was turned, I didn't miss him, I didn't miss us. Once he was out of my life, he was out of it. I heard he went off to marry someone else a few years later and I couldn't have been happier for him.

Truthfully though, I was tired of being alone.

I closed my eyes as I laid back on my creaking bed. My apartment didn't feel exactly like a home yet but I was waiting until I had the time and the money to get this place sorted out.

As soon as my eyes closed, I couldn't help but picture Aaron before me. I pictured him in a different outfit, not his typical sweat shirt and pants he had to wear. No, I pictured him in a tight pair of jeans and plain t shirt. I pictured him in the open, outside and living life.

How different would it have been if we had met somewhere different? Would we have had sex by now? Would Aaron have been interested in me?

I doubted it highly and those thoughts brought my feelings down a few notches. If we had met outside of those gates, that man would never have blinked an eye lid at me.

I was the closest thing he would get to in there that had a youthful down below. Everyone else was either older, a male or much too strong to ever do what I wanted to do.

I was innocent and Aaron knew it. Easy prey, I was, and that hurt to even think about.

Not when I wanted Aaron like never before. The way his body moved to the way he looked at me, I wanted him.