1 - Auditions

"Hello. My name is Yuki Lee and I am 16 years old. I am part Japanese, Korean, and American. I can speak all three languages fluently. I've been dancing ever since I learned how to walk and singing is my absolute passion. Please enjoy my performance!" I announce, bowing politely to the table of recruiters in front of me. 

*That's What I Like by Bruno Mars starts to play*

I feel the rhythm of the music move through me. The amount of weeks I poured into this routine finally being showcased to the panel of recruiters. Their eyes watching my every move.

Not even one minute into the performance, one of the recruiters raises his hand to signal the music to stop playing. My movements came to a halt and I started to sweat. It was a mixture of exhaustion and nerves.

"We would like to hear you sing," addressed a man in expensive apparel.

I hadn't prepared a piece but I was determined to get through this audition. I opened my mouth to take a deep breath in and sung the lines from a song, that I connected to the most.

For all the things I didn't say,
wrecking balls inside my brain,
i will scream them loud tonight,
can you hear this is my fight song.

-Fight Song by Rachel Platten-

After I finished my song, I found a renewed strength. I stood there with a sense of pride. The lyrics were empowering and made me forget that I was at an audition to become a trainee. MMO to be exact. It had been my dream for many years and today was finally the day.

But, I wasn't alone.

My best friend since primary school was here with me. Ivy Axton, the reason why I am here in the first place. She had dragged me along because we're always in it together. Not only was it my dream, it was hers as well. By myself, I don't have much courage. I'm pretty clumsy and naive, even though I want to follow my dreams.

An embodied voice interrupted my thoughts, "Thank you Ms. Lee. That was a splendid audition indeed. We'll get back in touch with you about your results. Good luck to you."

My face enlightened at the compliment. Bowing again, I happily strolled away. As I was walking towards the exit, I noticed a young boy about my age. He had very masculine features; one would mistake him for a model.

For a split second, our eyes linked and he was staring at me intensely. It felt quite intimidating. I quickly averted my eyes away and scurried out the room.

I was thinking about it on the way out. He must have watched my audition process. Was he waiting for his turn? Why was he standing beside the judges though?

In the waiting room, I could hear melodic singing from the room. That had to be Ivy. There is no doubt that it wouldn't be. Her voice is distinct from everyone elses, they would definitely pick her.

The voice stopped from the other side of the room.  A few seconds later, a burgundy hair colored silhouette entered the room.

"Ivy! Over here!" I yelled, calling her over. Immediately, she ran towards me with a relieved face.

"We did it! We actually did it! The scary process is over, now to see if we made it." Ivy squealed with excitement. "Well anyways, let's go out to eat. It's on me this time!"

In the midst of dragging me away, a man bumps into us. Though he was wearing a long thick coat, his shoulders were very broad.

Come to think of it, it was the same person standing behind the judges. I looked up to his face, it was partially covered from the hat he was wearing. Brown eyes glazing over us, he bowed and continued on his way.

///

Hope y'all like it xx This is written by two admins as usual and we just wanted a fresh start I guess haha xx BTW HAVE A GREAT NEW YEARS AND MAY YOUR 2018 BE BLESSED WITH MANY THINGS