Chapter 1

It was your typical day on Tatooine. The desert-like climate made it almost impossible to cope. But we all did. One way or another. We just start our days the way we usually do. Hearing news on the dog fights which have just occurred. No doubt about us becoming the next war-torn planet in this galaxy.

I was in the kitchen preparing breakfast for my mother. She was terminally ill and could barely do anything herself. My father died years ago due to some selfish pricks who blackmailed him into joining the war. So now my mother is ill, I have deemed it necessary to balance my work at the inn and my home life to ensure that my mother can live another day. To ensure that she will live to see another sunset.

A loud crash sounds from outside. I grab a saucepan, then head outside. I suppose you may have figured: we don't have any weapons. Well not that, but my mother and I refuse to use my father's lightsaber or pistol unless it was actually a matter of life and death. Usually we don't find the need to use them, hence why I'm using a saucepan and not a gun or saber.

Nobody knew what my father was. What his career was. Only my mother, who swore not to tell me until she died. That was the promise she made to my father. They only wanted me to be safe so thought it best for me to not know. They were right, though. However,my mother has been getting worse lately. She's on death's doorstep. I fear she may not make it through the night.

As soon as I arrived outside, I saw two men get out of two separate ships. One was fairly young with hair that reached his shoulders. The other had dark ginger hair with facial hair of the same colour. They both looked around, dazed and confused. They had a little robot-type thing with them, too. I'm not that intelligent but I'm certain that it's a droid-type of thing.

I seemed to have caught their attention: they walked up to me. I cautiously raised my saucepan.

"Hello. We were wondering if you could help us?" The man with the facial hair asked.

"Hmmm... I could. But the question is would I?" I replied.

"Would you? Please?" He asked, clearly trying to get somewhere with this.

"I don't even know who you are nor your means of being here. Why should I help you?" I query, curious as to who they were and why they were here.

"I'm Obi-Wan Kenobi and this here is my Paddawan Anakin Skywalker," he states gesturing to himself and the gentleman beside him: who hadn't topped staring at my face since he saw me, "we are Jedi."

The robot bleeped.

"Oh, sorry R2. And that's R2-D2. He helps us on our missions. A very close friend."

"Ok. What can I help you with?" I question.

"Would you please allow us into your home? It is the first thing we saw upon leaving our crashed ships. Wed hate to be far from it in case the Sith get them and use them to better their technology to match ours," Obi-Wan explained.

"Of course. As long as you are who you say you are, we shouldn't have a problem at all," I stated, "come on in."

"Thank you," the man I now knew as Anakin spoke.

"Ah he speaks! You had me a little bit worried there," I stated, cracking a smile at them.

"Please do be aware that my mother is ill and I would hate for her to be disturbed. It took her a while to get to sleep last night and I would hate for her to be complaining all day about how tired she is because not one but two Jedi-knights woke her up. She hates them enough as it is," I stated, pointing my right index finger at the pair of them.

"I hate to ask, but what does she have against us?" Anakin asked.

"I have absolutely no idea. She won't tell me. Just like she won't tell me what happened to our father or what his profession was. It's almost like she's...ashamed," I replied.

A wheeze from my mother's room breaks me from my conversation. And so I went to check on her.