Starting Fresh

When we make the conscious decision to live for the God of the Bible, the Most High (TMH), there's one thing that usually holds us back: Prior "knowledge" of this faith.

It's important to note that to progress, we have to begin from the very start. Forget old doctrines and rumours and just about everything you've ever learned about the Word. That far back. Even church on Sundays (aka first day of the week) and holidays and who Christ is in relation to TMH. The Trinity. Everything.

What happens when we carry old doctrines and perceptions into our current hope to grow is that we're left confused. Like, don't make that same mistake I did. I grew up in church, and well, when I repented and made the serious decision to become a believer, a saint according to the Word, one that would inherit the Kingdom, I dragged along old doctrine. Looking back, I felt so confused when I sat in church feeling out of place, and it felt so off when I had to mentally correct the preacher misinterpreting a simple passage I had read a few days prior (I tore through the New Testament that first week with new eyes). I don't remember anymore what it was, but my point is that a block had been placed between me and this church. It was as if the God Almighty was telling me this place wasn't right. Indeed, they were quite off, which I found out a bit later. That wasn't the only church I've left since. In fact, I'm stuck with live streams for now.

Let me tell you, there's a difference between reading and reading. I read the Bible for years. The same passages over and over again, but I read with scales over my eyes. I had to actually read the Bible for what it was and continues to be and take a few things literally. Not everything has a complicated analysis that needs to be done to understand it. There is simplicity in Christ (don't remember where that scripture is). Simply read the Old Testament as truth (I believe the Israelites/Jews of OT aren't those who are called Jews today due to the fact that they mass converted to Judaism around the time of Christ). It's okay to try to figure it out. Just read it and look into the Apocrytha (referenced countless times throughout Bible and Christ himself) to get more understanding, although I suggest you be careful so that you don't get into some of the false books out there. I love Sirach because of the wisdom-filled pages. Very refreshing. Get into the NT and read with a new heart and mind that hasn't been tainted by what the world knows about the Bible. Read it as if you are coming from only knowing the OT and go from there. Don't get your precious mind tainted by worldly understanding. That's a no-no.

Pray before you read the Bible so that you can read with open eyes and a heart willing to abide to TMH's will and don't drag old understanding into the new. That's like filling old wineskins with new wine (remember that parable?). You'll only create problems for yourself and end up like I was (confused) until I realized my deadly mistake.

Oh, and don't be afraid to be called a Pharisee because you're getting into the Word with the intention of growing spiritually. It's probably going to happen somewhere along the way. Just throwing it out there.

That's my two cents.

May the God of peace be with you (I love how Paul ends his letters).

Tips for Living as a Believerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें