Like a Four Leaf Clover

I accidentally fell in love, and it's perfect, but it might be the worst mistake of my life. I love him, his light brown eyes, his golden brown hair, his tan skin, his sweet lips, and each scar that makes him who he is. His name is Sean we met last year through a friend, of course he was the new guy and I instantly fell for his charm. But I wish I could have seen all of the pain coming, because when it did it hit me like a truck going 100 on the freeway. But he didn't purposfully hurt me, those were never his intentions.

The day we met we instantly connected and I couldn't help myself but to like him regardless of the fact that my best friend was majorly crushing on him. Danielle and I had arrived early at the beach so we sat and waited on the stairs for him. Technically at this time I was her "wing girl" trying to help her get the guy, but that changed. She wasn't sure if his bad boy side was too much for her composure and I was supposed to be the judge of that. After a short wait he pulled up and I was waiting to see if this bad boy really was as hot as she had explained. And as he opened the door there was no doubt about it, he was truly the perfect guy. Even though this wasn't about me, for a moment I became flustered. I had no idea what to say to him. As he approached all I could think about was the fact that yes, my friend is into this guy so I cannot take any interest in him... but he is so hot.... no I can't.

Danielle stayed between us as we walked down the path so I couldn't exactly get a good look at him. But he is the outgoing type so he looked over at me as we made our way down the gravel trail and introduced himself. "Hi I'm Sean" he said smiling. "Kiley" I replied. "So you guys go to the same school?" "Yeah, and where are you from?" I questioned. "Canada" "oh so you're Canadian eh?" I replied stupidly... "yeah bacon and all" he laughed.

We layed out our towels on the warm sand and decided to get in the water. Danielle wasn't into it so I went in with Sean. The moment we've all been waiting for... the stripping. The sun was shining on his perfect tan skin as he swiftly pulled his shirt over his head and shook out his hair. To me it was all in slow motion and I wanted to rewind that moment over and over again. In all honesty this was my first time wearing a strapless bikini so I was really self concious. But I knew it would have to happen so I pulled off my shirt and took off my shorts and was suprised to see him checking me out! Danielle saw it too so she got up "Actually I think I could use a swim, it is realllly hot out here" she said with an attitude. At this point I knew she was mad at me.

Danielle and I walked into the water but he dove right in. She was waiting for him to grab her but he chose me instead. He didn't dunk me but he pulled me just to the chest down and Danielle looked furious. Sean and I looked like a couple and she couldn't stand another second of it. "SEAN DUNK ME!" She yelled in a jealous rage. He instantly dropped me ran to her swept her off of her feet and threw her off the deep end. She screamed and came out soaked laughing histerically. She was acting like she belonged in a nut house. I pulled her to the shore to talk while he swam. "Dannie are you mad at me or something... cause you're acting really weird" I said bluntly. "No everything is fine why would you think that? Do you think he like me?" She said in her psycho rage. "I don't know, can't tell yet." "Okay I'm gonna get my major flirt on!" She whispered and then winked. "Hey Sean watch me!!!" She said in the most annoying voice possible. This is why she gets on my nerves sometimes.

But as she dove into the water I felt Sean's wet arms wrap around my chest. I turned around looking him in the eyes, "what are you doing?" I said backing away slightly. "Don't worry she didn't see." He said smiling. I couldn't help but to smile although I was confused. "You know?" "That she likes me? Oh ya its obvious." "Do you like her?" "She's a good friend but not more than that." He said seriously. I knew it was wrong to consider that a waver to like him but I did. He ran back into the water splashing Danielle. I don't even know what to do now. She is obviously head over heels for this guy... but.... I think I might be too.