4.1 | t h r e e .

"ARE YOU SURE she'll be able to help us with Makayla?"

Dean asked Bobby as he slammed the driver's side door of the Impala, his fingers slipping the keys in his pocket and then staying there.

Dean looked up at the rather plain looking house, right in the middle of a suburban neighborhood, and he struggled to fathom the notion that a powerful psychic could really be living there.

Bobby shut his car's own door and rolled his eyes.

"I told you, son, she's the best damn psychic in town."

The older man made his way to the front door, Sam on his heels, but Dean hesitated.

"You didn't answer my question."

His words were accusatory and fiery, his eyes ablaze with desperation and something broken.

Bobby stopped in his tracks and slowly turned around to look at the boy.

"Look, ya idjit, I wanna find your sister as bad as you do, but we can't get nothin' done until we know what brought you back to the surface, alright?"

Dean, flabbergasted, clenched in fists as he ground his teeth harshly, shifting his jaw in anger.

"I told you, Bobby, everything stops until we find her."

His words were quieter now, and it was only then that Bobby saw the vulnerability Dean had been hiding.  The longing for the closeness of his twin.  The genuine fear that something could've happened to her.  And if something had happened to her, it was all Bobby's fault.

The man's hazel eyes softened and he blew out a breath.

"Will you just trust me for once, Dean?"

The man looked down, suddenly and uncharacteristically bashful with his display of emotion, and reluctantly followed the pair up the steps- ignoring Sam's sympathetic glance entirely.

When the door swung open to reveal a beautiful, strong woman with breathtaking features that were exactly Dean's type, he found himself unable to tease and flirt with her.  Nothing had been the same when he rose from the dead only to learn that Sam and Bobby had lost track of his sister as soon as he had been buried.  The simple thought of her being potentially dead ripped him to shreds quicker than any hellhounds ever could, and he knew that he had to find her- fast.

"And you must be the Dean Winchester I've been hearing so much about.  Out of the fire and back in the frying pan, huh?  Makes for a rare individual."

The woman winked cheekily, and Dean met her sparkling green eyes with a look of impatience.

"Yeah, if you say so."

"Boys, this is Pamela Barnes, greatest psychic in the state."

Pamela swatted at Bobby's shoulder playfully, flattered by his high praise.  She gestured for the trio to follow her inside.