☯ONE☯

"Neon lights, loud upbeat  music and twenty-four hour restaurants: the typical landmarks of a bustling lagos city at night.
A night when all the party animals go out to club, experience fine dining and amazing wine.
Everything was amazing tonight and Brenda as a party freak would have gone to the nearest club in Victoria island or would have gone as far as searching a new and upcoming club on the Google maps just to have a good night and get drunk (but not too drunk of course).
++++++++++++
But tonight, she wasn't really in the mood to go out to party or go to any restaurant.

Her phone had been going off for hours with Nonso Amadi's radio indicating that she had a phone call which for the umpteenth time was her  Best Friend Emma.

As if in sync with the phone which had rang again, there was a knock at the door.

Yes who is it?  she drawled as she crawled up and lazily turned on the CCTV to see who it was

Hey! Will you come open this door? The figure shouted from outside which made Brenda to again waltz lazily  to open up the door.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Brenda's mother had come to visit her  at her place. This was a usual practice ever  since the day she had to bail her out of cell when she was detained for causing a road block with her car and an accident.
She felt it was necessary to keep an eye on her in order to keep her out of unnecessary  and damaging trouble.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"Hello mum" she greeted
What are you doing here? 

Her mother first settled down onto the burgundy Couch that was facing the kitchen before giving her a look.

"So  do i need an invite to visit my own daughter? She questions with anger hinted in her voice.

No,  it's just that.... She begins but her mother cuts her short.

Anyway when are you going to bring someone home for me to meet? She questions making Brenda cringe.
She had been pestering her about going out there to mingle and at least find a boyfriend even if  she wasn't going to get Married yet which wasn't a very typical thing for any parent to ask of their child at any point in time seeing that the normal thing to ask was for their child to get married.

Mom!  Please are we still on this? She asks not masking the irritation in her voice as she collapses into the couch turning her back to her mother before continuing

" Mom i am not ready for all that right now I want to focus on my career first and.....

She gets cut off again but this time, her mother  shouts at her.

Will  you just be quiet?  what do you mean by career?  she questions
How do you think i feel when i see you get into trouble all around the streets? is getting into trouble your career?    she adds still as angry as she was

How i wish your father was still alive right now, you know what he would do to you" she says as she calms down this time she really hated mentioning her husband's death.

There was dead silence in the house as the two women maintained their seating positions.

Facing her mother, she rests her head on her mother's shoulder and takes a long, deep breath.

Mom,   it's not like i don't want to fulfill your wishes, but with all  due respect i feel like you're exerting pressure on me. Please just give me time"                                            she says taking her head off her shoulder and looking at her.

Time you say?

Yes ma'am

How long?

I don't know ma'am, bit just give me time ok?

Ok then i do hope to hear a reply soon ok?

Yes ma'am
With that her mother made her way into the guest room that was situated upstairs.

She was going to call emma back but decided against it.
She would think up an excuse the following day when she saw her.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
First chapter what did you think? Please leave a vote on it and i promise as time goes on I'll post more interesting chapters
Thanks😘😘😘