ᏟhᎪᏢᏆᎬᏒ ᎾᏁᎬ-Death and Rebirth

I had never killed a man before. But in that moment as he stood over my twelve year old body, I knew. His intent had been clear as he fiddled with the belt around his black pants. I had to kill him he wouldn't stop if I didn't. It didn't take much, all I had to do was raise my hand up toward his face. I took a deep breath closed my eyes and counted. 1...2...3...  his body hit the ground. There wasn't any blood, I was expecting blood. All that laid at my feet was a twitching body, electrocuted.

                   ...fᎥᏉᎬ ᎽᎬᎪᏒs ᏞᎪᏆᎬᏒ...

   Cheers rang out across the small gymnasium. Everyone throwing their red caps in celebration. Our four years of hell had finally ceased. It was a rather bitter sweet moment as my friend, Tasha, to my left screamed in joy. I'd have to leave her and my other friends, pack up everything. And start over. Again.
     Don't get me wrong I was filled with that buzz you get when your about it start something new. Something exciting. But deep down my intuition laid anchored. Something new was indeed coming. But what it was may not be on my side.
      Tasha and I said our goodbyes and headed our separate ways after the ceremony. I knew she'd go find her boyfriend. He was the star of the basketball team and no doubt going to a party. Tasha was the kind of friend who came into your life to teach you a lesson. And once that lesson is learned, they leave. Although I never really did find out what it was Tasha had taught me.
       I came home after that, I usually tried to keep a low profile so parties were out of the question. I lived alone. My parents were dead and I was their only child. I really didn't get lonely anymore, after a few years pasted I got use to being alone.
       I did have two pet crabs who kept me company. Which I know is a strange pet to have but. Their ability to constantly stay on the defense infatuated me. It also was a point of great jealousy for me, since I could never truly always be on the defense. Though I did try in vain to do so.
      My apartment really wasn't anything fancy but it was in the nicer part of town. I worked part time at a little seafood restaurant down the street. The owner knew my situation and usually gave me a higher cut than the other wait staff. I didn't like it when he'd give me the extra money. I didn't like to owe anyone anything. But he figured I needed it since I didn't have any parents looking out for me or any brothers or sisters.
       I threw my black backpack down onto one of my brown leather chairs and I started to get ready for my shift tonight. My uniform was pretty standard. Black shorts and a royal blue collared shirt with a black apron. I threw my sandy blonde hair up into a pony tail brushing my side bangs out of my eyes and walked the 4 blocks to the restaurant.
       It was about 10:40 and the restaurant was due to close at 11 that night. I had even started clearing some tables when a man walked in. One look and I knew. My undoing was standing on two legs.