Prologue

"Father, may I visit the bookstore over there?" I asked my father while he was carrying me and talking to Uncle Charles.

"Arlight, my dear. But be sure to come back here immediately if you notice something strange." He approved. I smiled and nodded then putting me down and I ran to the store. As I was running, I bumped into someone and we both fell.

"I'm sorry." I said and stood up then helped him up.

"It's alright." He reassured.

"Oh, you're not from here?" I asked. He shook his head while looking down.

"I'm Abigail." I introduced myself. "S-Shay." He replied to me while he stuttered. I observed him for a bit. He has brown eyes and I also noticed that he looked my age.

"You look like my age. Where are your parents, if I may ask?"

"T-they're gone." I was shocked. It was stupid of me to ask such a question. "I'm sorry if I suddenly asked that." I apologized.

"Don't worry you didn't kno-"

"Abigail, child, are you alright?" Uncle Charles suddenly called and approached me and Shay.
I nodded then he carried me and went to father.
"I'll see you Shay!" I told him. I managed to see a smile on him as he nodded.

I promised myself that I'll see him again, but that was 11 years ago.