One Shot

This is dedicated to macklemcvey  for her contest
****
"Reina wait!"

"REINA PLEASE!"

Harry's voice gradually faded into the air as Reina ran further away from the palace. She clutched her stomach and tried to swallow her gasps and sobs as she ran through the woods and stumbled on dead branches in the winter air.

Loud gruff noises were heard from a distance as several guards were summoned to follow the fallen princess and get her back to safety. It was no doubt an order from Harry. He looked so stricken before she fled. She felt his pain when she recalled his ashen face. He was begging her to listen but he also knew he had done something so terribly wrong. Something he couldn't take back.

Pain. Pain. Pain. So much pain in those jade eyes of his. The eyes she loves so much.

She doubled her efforts when she heard the steady beat of the horses' shoes. She couldn't be found. She couldn't afford to. Reina tried to muffle her despaired sobs, never falling back or making a stop. She reached two cross ways when she heard the shouts of the men. They were too close.

She looked around her in fright as she tried to figure out where to go next. She couldn't risk being caught by the men, they would take her back to the palace and all her efforts would have been for nothing.

The foreign princess skidded to a stop and threw herself behind a fallen slope in the forest, protected by the shade of the large oak tree. She tried to calm her gasping breaths, she tried to cover herself until her royal blood red gown was masked away from the glaring eyes of the guards.

Harry must have sent a throng of soldiers and guards after her.

For a split second she let herself feel sorry for Harry. He must be going mad trying to find her. But then she remembered the event that took place not an hour ago.

How had such an enchanting day turned into an inexorable disaster?

She allowed herself to scream behind her closed fist. The amount of emotional pain she was going through was almost swallowing her whole. If her heart could talk it would've ripped her chest and would've screamed for mercy.

She had never in her life imagined she could feel or tolerate pain like this. It was manifesting into physical pain and she felt it so strongly that she began ripping the neckline of her dress with her dirty nails to get some oxygen into her chest.

She was silently hyperventilating and she couldn't do anything about it. She had to endure. She had to make it back to Vardomos. Reyes would know what to do.

Oh God, Reyes.

She let out another moan of pain as she imagined what could have happened by now. She was so afraid of the trip she had to make to reach him. Would she survive it even?

With that thought in mind, she staggered and picked herself up and kept running.

Running from the realest, rawest and only love she has truly wanted.

Running from the reality that was slowly but surely catching up to her weak attempt at an escape.

Running from the person she trusted most.

Couple of hours earlier