Chapter 1

*Your pov*

I walked outside to get the mail, "hey Y/n! What's up?!" asked my friend Noah. We've been friends since first grade, and he's so much fun to be around. "Aw y'know...the same old things..." I looked through the mail, and saw that there was something for me. "Hold that thought..." I opened the letter, and saw I was accepted into Blackwell Academy. I screamed, ran inside, and told my parents. I leave next Monday for Arcadia Bay in Oregon. 

*Time skip to at Blackwell*

I was unpacking everything in my dorm room, I was also listening to Set It All Free from the movie Sing, and I was singing along. After everything was unpacked, my bed was made, and the room was decorated I looked at my schedule. I had photography, dance class, chorus, and then my regular classes like Math and all that. I had photography on Mondays and Tuesdays, dance on Wednesdays and Thrusdays, and finally chorus on Fridays. After that it was time for lunch, I didn't eat I sat outside however, and played my guitar. "Hi..." someone spoke, as I looked up, and saw a girl with short brown hair. She had freckles across her cheeks, and she just looked really adorable.

"Hi!" I smiled, "I'm Maxine Caulfield...but my friends call me Max" she held out her hand, "Y/n Bowers...nice to meet you Max" I smiled, "do you mind if I take your picture? Just the way you're posed with your guitar looks amazing, and I'd love to start on my wall of photo's this year.." she held up her camera. "Of course..." I smiled as I went back to playing my guitar, and she took my photo. "Are you in band?" she asked sitting next to me, and I shook my head. "I'm in photography, dance class, and chorus..." I said as I saw a short haired blonde walking with a cute man, the man stopped, and stared at me like he's never seen a woman before. 

"Who are they?" I asked Max, "Victoria Chase, and Nathan Prescott...they're in the Vortex Club...and it seems like you've caught the attention of Nathan...since he's walking over to us..." she pointed out as I looked back in their direction, and saw that she was right. "Hi...I don't think we've met before...I'm Nathan Prescott...and you are?" he smiled at me, "Y/n Bowers...nice to meet you." he kinda froze when I said my last name. "Well Miss. Bowers...will you be joining a club this year since you're new and all?" he raised an eyebrow, and I chuckled. "I dunno...I've never been here before...so I don't know of any good clubs...any suggestions?" I asked him as I started putting away my guitar. "You could join the Vortex Club..." he smiled as I grabbed my guitar that was now put away in it's case. "Sure...I mean...so long as it's okay with little miss perfect over there..." I gestured to Victoria who was standing there with her arms across.

"Who Victoria? She'll deal...so I'll put your name down on the list of members, and our first little party is this weekend should you wish to join us...it was nice meeting you..." he said waving bye to me. "Nice...plus two friends" I smiled at Max, "here's the thing...I'm not exactly friends with anyone in the Vortex Club...they're all bullies...from what I heard that is..." she got up from her seat, and I chased after her. "Well I'm not like most people...if I see someone being bullied...I stand up for them...no matter who it is that's bullying the person...adult or child..." I told her, "promise that you won't change?" she gave me a pleading look, and I pinky swore.

*Time skip to Friday night*

Max and I were like best friends, I was sitting at my desk going over all the homework I had gotten from all the teachers, and I got a text from Dana. She's another one of my friends. 

8:04 pm
Dana: Hey! You want to come over to get ready for that party tonight?

8:06 pm
Me: I dunno Dana...I'm kinda drowning in homework right now...I might not even show up...

8:08 pm
Dana: Oh come on! Nathan will be upset if you don't show...he's really looking forward to it...plus you can wow him with those amazing dance skillz you've got...

8:10 pm
Me: Lol...I'm not showing off my amazing dance skillz...Victoria already hates me for spending time with Nate...

8:12 pm
Dana: Fuck her...she's a slut anyways...show her up gurl...it'll be fucking hilarious!

8:14 pm
Me: I'll think about it okay?

8:16 pm
Dana: You better show up...don't leave me to all the boys lol

8:18 pm
Me: You're crazy...I've got to get back to this homework. Love you gurl. Xoxo

8:20 pm
Dana: Love you too xoxo

I chuckled, and went back to doing my work.