Band Camp ( Intro )

Oh no honey, let's just say I was not prepared at all for this. During summer I didn't even practice- I mean, I did, but not for this. I am so new to the saxophone, the only thing I practiced was the scales and shaping my embouchure.

I also asked two experienced players for help. Samuel, tall, quiet, lanky guy with perfect posture and slick black hair, who is awkward but musically skilled. Then the social butterfly Kayden, a small muscle pig show off with black hair kept in a ponytail. Samuel helped me by giving me a beginners book that taught me how to play songs. He gave me assignments sometimes, but I never did them (sorry, not sorry). Kayden helped me during school. Over summer, we would facetime, but because I'm a huge procrastinator, we didn't get much done.

For most of band camp, I was with my friend Jacqueline, a gorgeous fit dancer with blonde curly hair. She plays the flute and is really sweet but no one tries her because she will fight. Spending that time with her was a great choice because she is honestly the best.

On the first day of band camp, I saw most of my friends and made many new ones. I also introduced myself to some freshmen. Some were sweet, shy, or chill and others needed Jesus or holy water or some kind of help. That day, the band room reminded me of a family reunion. The band director told everyone to find a seat or stand because there weren't many seats. He announced the new show, "Love And World Peace" then described what he expects to happened. Afterwards, everyone had to introduce themselves by telling everyone their name, grade, and what instrument they play. They started in the back row and because I was in the front row, I wouldn't have to go for a while. After another person went, my anxiety increased because I am a mess when it comes to speaking in front of a huge crowd. I began to ask myself why I decided to sign up. I groaned when it was my turn . I was freaking out so I pretended it wasn't my turn so they could pass me, but no. Jacqueline made me stand up.

"Hey, my name is Delone Adeline, but people call me Adele. I'm in tenth grade and I play an instrument- "I winced." I mean an alto saxophone."

Then other band kids went, after everyone had gone, we all scattered to get our water jugs, sunscreen, hats and anything else to survive the extreme heat in California.