prologue.

Who is Katherine Grimes?

Katherine is the daughter of Rick and Lori Grimes and the eldest sibling of Carl and Judith. Before the world went to shit and was overrun by the dead, she was one of the most kind-hearted human beings you could ever come across. She cared about everyone and always wanted to do anything she possibly could to help them, which is why she decided that she wanted to go into the medical field to become a doctor. She had just made it into her sophomore year of college when the apocalypse started. Everywhere she went, death seemed to follow.

It didn't take long for her to become aware of the fact that she could no longer be that caring, kind-hearted soul she was before the world turned. Something in her changed ─ something dark. Katherine was no longer that ray of light in everyone's life and was no longer that frightened, demoralized woman. She became cold-hearted and relentless, as if she's never had any humanity in her at all. Having to live in this new and cruel world shaped her into a valiant survivor who isn't afraid to kill others who might be or have proven to be a threat to her or the people she considers family. After all, they're all she has left, which is why Katherine will do anything and everything in her power to protect them . . .  even if it means dying for them.

A/N: Hello, everyone! I know that this is only the prologue of my book but I hope you all enjoy this book and the original character. Please don't be afraid to let me know what you think about her or this book in the comments or direct message! Thank you and I hope you all have an amazing day/night.