Category

I knock, my hormones now a little bit more in tact, and just like the last time, Chloe is the one opening the door

I knock, my hormones now a little bit more in tact, and just like the last time, Chloe is the one opening the door. He really needs to rethink his definition of an empty house.

"Hey," she greets, a smile growing on her face. "Avery's in the shower, he'll be down any second."

I step inside and remain standing awkwardly at the bottom of the stairs, shooting an even more awkward smile to Chloe to compensate for the air I'm polluting with my terrible social skills. "He does talk about you a lot."

I force myself to laugh to cover up the slight blush. I know he talks about me a lot. The surprising part is that it's with his sister.

"Mind sharing?" I ask, the grin on her face -being very similar to Avery's, I must add- telling me how much she'll actually enjoy telling me.

"Do I mind? Please! He, with good reason, finds you extremely hot, even if I personally would use a wider vocabulary than the good old hot." She seems cool, she's trying her best to make me feel welcome. I appreciate it. "Says he has a great time with you, whether it's joyful or not, he-"

"Chloe for fucks sake!" I hear him whine before the loud sound of a slamming door follows it and he five seconds later is strutting down the stairs, wearing nothing but a grey towel around his waist. Water is dripping down each of his fingers, hair strands and his face to the very edge where the towel covering his skin having a darker color.

"I'm going to the store," she sings, waving her car keys as she escapes, the sound of her laughter audible on the other side of the door.

"This is why the house should be empty," I tease, trying my best not to slide my eyes over his shining skin.

"Noted," he replies in a tone that rolls its eyes. It shouldn't, but it makes sense.

"There's nothing to be ashamed of," I continue my little game, taking a step forward, my eyes inevitably dropping to the towel. "Scarlet Archer is a great topic to discuss."

"Oh, I know." His eyebrows are risen in a knowing manner, as if he's about to make a statement. "It's just that for the moment, I don't want you to discuss Scarlet Archer with me."

I should really start carrying a water bottle with me, my throat can't handle all this swallowing.

I-

Yeah.... convenient of me to say that.

He steps in front of me, forcing me to take a big step backwards that ends with me hitting my head lightly against the wooden railing of the staircase.