Chapter 25 ~ Back To My Home

About a half hour later, we finally arrived at the gate to Alexandria. I smiled when I saw the old, rusted red wall that encircled the tiny town. It felt good to be back. I slid off Daryl's back as his hands released me and slowly, we both made our way to the gate just as it began to slide open. We strolled inside and Rick was there to greet us. He hugged Daryl tightly, clapping him on the back while Michonne came up on his left to do the same.

I was just about to join them when my eyes landed on a familiar face - one I had been missing. Without a second thought in my head, I broke into a run and a few seconds later, collided into a firm chest. Hands slid under my thighs and I was hoisted up, my legs wrapping around his waist.

"Carl," I breathed out, burying my face in the crook of his neck.

His skin was warm on mine and he held me tightly to him.

"I missed you so much," he said softly, his voice muffled as he placed feather-light kisses in my dark brown hair.

My eyes fluttered closed and I let out a long, deep sigh. It was good to be home. And no, I didn't mean Alexandria. This was just a place - my home was Carl. This boy in the Sheriff's hat who'd meant so much to me this past year. He'd been here for me ever since I arrived in Alexandria - he accepted me before anyone else did and had even stuck by me through my depression over losing my daughter.

And no matter what I'd said or done, he never left me - not once. A cough broke us apart and reluctantly, I slid off of Carl. I turned on my heel then and saw Daryl watching us, giving a pointed warning look to my boyfriend. I made a face at him but he just shrugged before walking off beside Rick and Michonne. Over-protective as always, I thought to myself with a roll of my eyes. Suddenly, hands gripped my hips and I was pulled back into a hard chest.

A laugh escaped my mouth as I was spun around, hands cupping my cheeks before warm lips crashed into mine. It was a short kiss but chocked full of all the pent-up emotions of being apart for so long. When we finally pulled away, Carl rested his forehead against mine.

"I missed that, too," he teased, smirking down at me.

I giggled, shaking my head at his words, "Yeah, I might have missed that a bit myself,"

"A bit? Just a bit?" he asked, his warm breath fanning my face.

Being this close to him still made butterflies erupt in my stomach. Carl Grimes just had that effect on me, I suppose.

"Well, why don't you kiss me and find out how much I missed those lips of yours?" I smirked, making him grin before he attacked my lips once more with his own.

He kissed me softly but full of passion as his hands traveled down to rest on my hip and lower back. But just as I started to deepen the kiss, he pulled away again. I pouted as I already began to miss the warmth of his mouth on mine and he laughed at my childish expression. He grabbed my hand then, intertwining our fingers and began to pull me in the direction the others went.

"Come on, Angel. We gotta get ready to go," he said, smiling as he began to turn away but I stopped him by tugging on his hand.

"Wait, go where? I just got here," I frowned, not moving from where I stood.

"I know that...but Tara told us about another community. It's called Oceanside. They have guns - lots of them. Guns we need," he said, his blue eye boring into mine.

I shook my head, not understanding him, "So? I mean, can't Rick and the others handle this? I know it sounds selfish but I kinda just wanted to spend time with you for a while since we've been apart so long,"

Carl smiled at me, his fingers grabbing my chin gently before pecking my lips.

"I do, too," he admitted, making my heart flutter.

"So then why can't we just stay here?" I asked him, pushing a strand of hair out of my eyes.

He grinned then, his brown Sheriff's hat creating a slight shadow over his face.

"Because...I thought you might be ready to get your daughter back."