Chapter 27 ~ On Your Knees, Scum

I woke up to someone shaking me lightly and a tired groan escaped my mouth. Another shake came and finally, I blinked my brown eyes open. Instantly, I was met by the very amused face of Carl.

"You could sleep through just about anything, couldn't you?" he grinned, arching an eyebrow at me.

I rolled my eyes at him. It was then that I noticed the vehicle had stopped moving.

"We're back home," he said simply when he noticed my confusion.

Gingerly, he helped down from the truck after he himself had gotten out. Stepping out of the vehicle, I realized that night had fallen around us on the way back. Everything was pitch-black outside. Although I could still hear walker moans from far-off in the distance. Rosita was waiting for us, hands on hips as per usual. That girl always seemed to be in a sour mood.

Instantly, I felt regret course through me at the thought. I'd been the same way when my mother had passed - I was in no position to judge her.

"Where's Sasha?" Jesus asked, coming up to talk to her as everyone filed out of the vehicles to gather around.

Rosita was silent, ignoring his question before she spoke, "There's someone here."

We all exchanged confused glances before Rick, Michonne, Daryl, Tara, and Jesus all began to follow after Rosita. Giving Carl's hand a squeeze, I ran after them to catch up. I knew Daryl and the others would tell me who it was later but I preferred to see for myself. Although as we made our way down to the basement where the cell was located at, I began to regret coming. Standing there waiting for us was...Dwight. My eyes hardened at the memory of him - the arrow he'd shot from his crossbow that had taken Denise's life.

I frowned. She was my first friend here and he'd killed her. I lunged for him and so did Daryl. Rick, Michonne, Jesus, and Tara struggled to hold both Dixons back. Michonne and Jesus latched onto my arms as I kicked out, effectively holding me down. But it took Rick to restrain dad. And even after he'd quit struggling, he was still breathing hard from the excursion.

Michonne and Jesus released me and I shook them both off. Dwight deserved death for what he'd done. He needed to pay!

"He says he wants to help us," Rosita told us all and I frowned angrily, crossing my arms.

Now, I didn't believe that for a second. Rick turned to look at Dwight, clearly not believing it either.

He arched both eyebrows at him, "That true? You want to help?"

"I do," Dwight nodded, speaking up for the first time.

Silence ensued then and before anyone could speak, I'd snatched the gun out of Rick's waistband and cocked it. I aimed it right at Dwight's head and I heard his small, intake of breath.

"Okay... Get on your knees."