I'd Rather Go Blind

4 Years Ago

Bethany's P.O.V.

Hi. My name is Bethany. Bethany Mota. I'm 6 and live in California next to my best friend Connor. His full name is Connor Franta. He is also 6. We get on really well because he's always there for me. Eventhough he doesn't want to play princess and prince he always finds a way for it to work for both of us. He'll put on his crown and pretend to rescue me from the bad dragon guarding the castle. He makes a funny face whenever he wins the fight, his eyes light up and his mouth goes into a weird grin. Then he'll run down the garden towards me to rescue me. His blonde hair matted down with sweat and his face, bright red after all that running around after the dragon. His brown eyes meet mine as he gets down on one knee just like a prince. I laugh then lift him up to give him a hug. Eventhough my puffy dress creates less space between us and the tiara slips, covering my eyes he still hugs back. That's why Connor's my best friend, he'll do anything to make me smile. I've always wanted to be a princess and hope one day I find my prince.

Connor's P.O.V.

Hey, my name is Connor Franta. I'm six years old and my best friend is Bethany Mota. Her favourite game is princess and prince,a bit of an awkward game for me to play with her but I know it'll make her happy so I play it anyway. She's been my best friend since the day I was born. Literally, my mum went into labour the a couple day's before Bethany's mum. My mum says that I'm a good friend for always making her happy. Especially since she doesn't know what's going on in her family. I might be six but I have a brain. Bethany's parents are divorcing but they haven't told her yet. It's like a secret that they're keeping from her. I wish I could tell he rmyself too but my mum told me it's best not to say anything and instead just be the good friend Bethany needs. I can't imagine Bethany's face when her parents tell her. Her dark brown eyes wil go glassy and she'll start twirling her wavy brown her in nervousness.