Ch.1

I woke up in a cold sweat. I looked over at the clock. 2:37 a.m.. I put a hand to my forehead. I was burning up. I got up and headed towards the bathroom that joined my sisters bedroom to mine. I locked her door and did what I needed to do. Before I left the bathroom, I wet a cloth down and put it to my head. As I was about to leave the bathroom, I heard the floors creak in my sister's room. I started towards her room, just to check on her. I opened the door a crack and peeked in. What I saw almost made me shit my pants.

A man was hovering over my sister, Tova. My heart began beating so rapidly that it hurt. I quickly grabbed one of Tova's red high heels- using it as a weapon. I crept up behind the man, as slowly as I could. When I got close enough, I raised my 'weapon', ready to strike. I dumbly decided to take one more step towards the man, and the floor creaked.

The man began turning around, so I just swung the heel as hard as I could. I wasn't really aiming, so instead of going through his head(like I had previously planned.), the heel dug itself into his shoulder. I harshly pulled it out, and he screamed. He grabbed his shoulder. This is when I realized he had a knife. A fucking big knife, might I add. He pulled his hand away from his shoulder, and I saw the blood oozing from the wound.

He looked up at me, and my stomach dropped. He had scar lines, like he had once had a smile carved into his cheeks that spread ear to ear. The scars were jagged and dark, like they didn't heal correctly. He had burnt skin. It was patchy and pink in some spots. His hair was black, but I noticed many bald spots where there was no hair. He looked like pure nightmare fuel. And pissed. He also looked very very pissed. Great.

He looked at his, now bloody, hand. Then he looked at me and, I swear, he fucking growled at me. I refused to show any sign of fear to this guy, and raised Tova's high heel once again. He ran towards me, and I took the front part of the heel and swung it at his head. It made a very solid noise, and he grunted. He was right by the window, where I assumed he came in through. I was tired, angry, and frankly worn out. I wanted him gone.

I heard the sounds of Tova waking up from beside me. "Lavelle? What's going on? Who the hell is he?!"

"Get the fuck out of my house you bastard." I yelled through gritted teeth, completely ignoring Tova.

He looked between me and the window. "Fine. I'll go- but, just so you know- if I leave right now, I won't be coming back for her. I'll be coming back for you."

He smiled like a lunatic. I stepped over to put myself between him and my little sister. "Bring it on, bitch."

He laughed, and as he did he wheezed and cracked, like his lungs had also been burned along with the rest of him. "Till next time, sweet cheeks."

He jumped out of the window, and I looked down- hoping he had died from the fall- when I realized he was gone.

"How did he...?" I looked all around and couldn't see him.

I leaned back into the house, shutting the window and locking it. By now, Tova had already turned the lights on and ran downstairs to get our parents. I ran to my room to get my phone and quickly dialed 911.

"H-hello. This is Lavelle Berlinsky. There has been a break-in." I explained what had just happened and they said they were sending officers over.

As I was on the phone, I looked out of my window. I saw that boy at the edge of the woods that surrounded my neighborhood. He was smiling and waving his knife around. I quickly pulled the phone closer to me.

"H-he's right here. He's in my backyard! He's just standing there. What do I do? Please help us!" I began to panic, my calm nature from earlier nowhere to be seen.

"Honey, calm down. Lock your doors and windows. Get with the rest of your family. Do not leave each other at all costs. There is strength in numbers. Also, stay on the line with me. Sweetie, can you please do that for me? The police are on their way." She stated calmly.

Her calm voice calmed me a little bit. "Y-yea ok. I'll do that."

We had been huddled together in the downstairs bathroom, since it had no windows. We were there for about twenty minutes before the police finally arrived. They did an entire search of the house. They couldn't find anything important until they got to my room. There, they found a message written in blood on my window that faced the forest. Blood, that didn't belong to any of my family members.

It said, "See you soon, sweet dreams - Jeff :)."

The police stayed for about two hours doing what they needed to do. After everything was over, we decided to go stay with my cousin for a little bit. As the police watched the house, we packed enough clothing for about two weeks. We got a police escort to our cousin, Saul's house. The whole way there, my mother was praying the Rosary. My sister and I stayed huddled in the backseat, holding each other.

"Elle, thank you so much. If you weren't there... " Tova bagan to cry and I petted her hair and rocked her slightly. By the time we arrived she was asleep.

My dad carried Tova inside, while my mom, Saul, and I carried all our belongings in. As I was laying on a pallet on the floor of the living room, I couldn't help but keep thinking back to the forest.

The worst things happened there. It ruined everything. It took him away from me. Now, I can never see him again. He was everything to me. My best friend.... My brother... and now this shit?!

I fell asleep, with angry tears streaming down my face. I had nightmares about the forest for the rest of our stay.
~~~~~~~~~~
Don't forget to leave comments and vote pretty please!!!! (With sprinkles on top?)!!!!
-Kit