1

c h a p t e r   1

the sudden change of majors

***

sitting beside the window, while propping both her elbows on the desk, hae yeon sighed.

listening to boring lectures, copying down notes on the whiteboard, almost everyday was part of her daily life routine while on the other hand, spending most of her time in the lecture theatre.

as hae yeon couldn't keep up with listening to the boring lectures, by her present teacher, she went off spacing out on her own.

after deciding that she had enough time for spacing off into her own world, while shutting everything out from the outside world, with her earphones plugged into her ears, she fished out a sketchbook from the drawer of her desk, and started to randomly sketch on a new page.

thinking of something or should I say, somebody in particular, hae yeon decided to sketch his face.

as she sketched the specific features of that particular somebody, she stopped for awhile, while she then proceeded to draw that somebody's eyes.

after finishing off the last touches on her sketching, a satisfied smirk was then worn on her face.

* ringggg! *    * ringgg! *    * ringgg! *

the recess bell then rung, signalling for everyone that they could take their break now.

" goodbye and thank you mrs. kim, " the whole class chorused emotionless, without any hesitation, when the bell had rung, and soon their teacher left the lecture theatre.

as the teacher left, the students hurriedly packed their books and stuffed them into their bags, while going out to the canteen for break.

hae yeon couldn't care less, as she did like the others would do such as packing her books, then stuffing them into her bag, while on the other hand, getting ready the books she will need in the following lesson after break.

with the same old usual tired expression, she wears everyday on her face, suddenly disappeared as soon as she saw the person she likes, or better known as, the person who she had just sketched in her sketchbook; kim mingyu.

seeing mingyu talking ever so casually with his friends from the window, hae yeon couldn't help herself but allowed herself to smile at such a charming sight, from the window beside her.

knowing that somebody was staring at him from afar, mingyu turned around, to wave at the direction where hae yeon was secretly watching him, from the window beside her.

triggered, hae yeon quickly tore while averting her gaze away from mingyu, as she took her bag with her, leaving the lecture theatre as fast as she could.

speed walking to the canteen, without doubt, hae yeon's heart was beating as twice the speed she was walking towards the canteen.

knowing that it could burst out anytime, she stopped in the middle of the walkway, calming down her beating heart.

" yo, you okay? " a figure approached hae yeon, as she looked up to see her roommate; lee jae ni, who had asked her, concerned about her roommate and not to mention her dear friend.

" i'm fine, it's just that i saw something unexpected, " hae yeon replied breathlessly, while feeling her heartbeat getting faster every second that passed by, once she remembered the scene where she embarrassed herself at the lecture theatre, when she secretly watched mingyu afar from the window, as he had seen her clearly, and even went on to wave at her.