Watercooler Romance

I hate this stupid company. I didn't even know what I was working for. All I did was the paper work. It's so boring. I hated the stupid button ups and slacks I had to wear. I hated my stupid boss. I hate the stupid coworkers.

I don't like anything here. The only thing I get out of this job is being able to look at him. There's this boy I like. Started working there a few weeks after I started.

I've been working here for about 3 years. I liked it at first because it paid well but, I just get so depressed lately. I only liked my desk mate. Him.

He was so beautiful. His name was Frank. He was super badass. He never noticed me I'm pretty sure. We've never actually talked. I don't know if even knew my name.

I loved every detail about him. He had tattoo sleeves and he had nice black hair. His skin was pale and his eyes were hazel. I didn't know him very well. But I knew I was in love with him. I've been in love with him for the past 3 years.

At some points he was a bit of an ass to the boss but, I didn't care. The boss was shit. I was always afraid he'd fire Frank one day because of his attitude towards him. I hope he never did.

I didn't want anyone else to work with.

One fact I knew about him was he liked Black Flag. He had a small tattoo of the logo on his bicep. He listened to them during work sometimes. I thought it was so cute.

Next day
When I got to work I went to my cubicle and put down my things on my desk.

I always drank coffee when I got to work. Sometimes Frank would follow behind me. We never said anything to each other though.

I wish it would be easier to just talk to him. I don't know him well enough though. What would we even talk about? If I ever talked to him I'd possibly embarrass myself.

He was behind me today. I poured myself some coffee and handed him the coffee pot. He let out a quiet 'thank you' and I blushed. I don't even know why. He was just being polite. But his voice was so deep and a little raspy. It was so hot. I wanted to talk to him so I can hear his voice more.

Maybe I can talk about Black Flag. I'm into that. Just as I was opening my mouth and say something to him he was gone. I have to be quicker next time.

I walked back to my cubicle and did some work. That was it. I didn't talk to him. I didn't even try. I feared this was how it was going to be everyday of my life. This happens all the time. I didn't have the courage inside me to talk to him. I wanted to just talk to him but I was too afraid. I can't help but think I'll die alone.

I would just wait until he'd one day speak to me. I wanted him to start the conversation. I always thought, maybe one day he'll start it. But here we are 3 years later and I still haven't spoken a word to him. I hope he doesn't think I hate him. It's just a watercooler romance.

After going through all of that thinking I didn't realize it was 5pm. The day was over and I gathered my things. I was going to try to say bye to Frank when I left but when I turned to the desk next to mine he wasn't there. I can't believe I didn't even notice him leaving. I felt disappointed.

I clocked out and went to my car. The drive to my apartment was short. I didn't live too far. When I got into my apartment I just sat on the couch. I was pretty lonely. I lived alone.

I got up and made some soup. I didn't have much. I sat back down on the couch and turned on the tv. Nothing good was on. It was still 6pm. I just went to my bedroom. I was bored and decided to just draw something's. I left a few lines on a page and put down some more. I colored some in and put in a little more detail for others. After 30 minutes I took a look at it. It turned out to be Frank. I smiled as I looked at it. I wish I could be with him.

A week later

I was getting dolled up for today. I had my favorite button up on. My long raven hair was neatly groomed. I was gonna finally talk to Frank. I was nervous and anxious. I had been planning out the entire conversation last night in my head. I was so excited.

I put on my fancy vest and fancy blazer on top. I put on a nice watch and I was ready to go. (oh, oh, oh ;))

I got in my car and was driving to work. I was mentally preparing myself for it.

When I got to work everyone was so talkative more than usual. I got to my cubicle and saw that Frank wasn't there yet. I was little relieved and a little sad. I went to go get some coffee and came back. He still wasn't there.

After about an hour he still wasn't there. He might've just taken a sick day. I was pretty disappointed. I then heard some of my coworkers talking.

"Did you hear about Frank?" One of them said. "Yeah! I wasn't really surprised. He had it coming to be honest."

I was confused at first. I decided to ask because I got a little worried. I talked to a coworker. I think her name was Jamia.

"Hey Jamia. Um-What happened to Frank?" I asked her. I felt comfortable talking to her. She was sweet.

"You didn't hear? He got fired cause he had another argument with the boss." She said giggling a little.

My face dropped. I giggled a little trying to go along with her. I slowly went back to my cubicle trying to act normal. Tears formed in my eyes and I felt heart broken. I should've been quicker. I was so in love and now he's gone. It's just a vacant three by four.

I told my boss I wasn't feeling well and he let me go home early. I walked out of the building quickly. I felt terrible. I had always dreamed of being with him. We could in the park dancing by a tree. We could've been in a dark beach with a black view. Now he doesn't work here anymore. I think I'd love to die alone.