+Prologue+

They stood gruffly in the corner of the damp alley outside the bar, glaring at one another through tired, sagging eyes. Each of them looked around themselves every few seconds, twitching, now truly terrified of a threat lurking behind every corner.

"FP, how many times will it take to get it through your head? She doesn't need to know. Ever. You say you love her? Just THINK how she would feel if she knew about this! Everything she thinks is in her blood is a lie? I-"

"Don't try and guilt-trip me, Alice," he snarled, hate for her crawling through his eyes for the first time, "I've watched her grow up next to my boy; I KNOW her. She's been ready to leave your picket-palace of perfect for a loooong time. It wouldn't change anything if she knew..."

Her face contorted in hurt and anger at his words; his insinuation that she didn't KNOW her first baby; and she stepped over and shoved his shoulder with one arm. Trying to beat sense into him, the kind bad boy she had known for ever.

He ignored her, gently removing her hand, the hate gone as quickly as it had come.
Continuing with his speech, he said:
"Besides, you could leave with her, right? Don't you think that those letters were clear? They were sent directly to you!"
FP pulled a folded sheet of newspaper out of his pocket. "Did you not publish this cheerful little warning? 'History will repeat itself in Riverdale'?

Alice, she needs to know the truth before it's too late."