His Eyes

One look into his eyes and she knew she would forever be followed by them. Her dreams, her hopes, even her fears. They would always be there. She fell in love with him before she knew what love was. Every memory they shared, she kept close to her heart. That was the way it would stay.

She convinced herself he would never want a girl like me, as she picked every single flaw out in front of the mirror at night. She had hoped for him in every single relationship she tried. She gave up on those hopes as it tore her apart. Best friends they were and nothing more.

It killed her but he seemed happy so she thought. Her own enemy was Herself As Always. She sliced her skin, screamed for help, and mentally abused herself. She was a broken soul but felt whole around him. She kept it all hidden for so long.

It hurt her but her happiness wasn't important to her. Every One told her no one would ever love her. She silently hoped but was afraid they were wrong.

He reassured her constantly, trying to keep her head up. He held her when she needed it, comforted her when she was falling apart, and took the time to glue pieces back once she bad fall in apart.

Her feelings grew for him. She craved him in such a way it was toxic. But she knew she wasn't like the other girls he had dated so that kept her away. Kept her from telling him everything on her mind....

The way he smiles tugs on her heart, his voice is the sound she loves, his laugh was the song she played on replay, the way his hands felt on her skin became her favorite feeling, the way he carried himself reminded her of a solider ready for war. Strong, merciless, driven. Yet he wore it so well so sensitively.

But there was the one thing that would always hold her heart... His eyes..

His brown eyes, that danced in the moonlight a dozen times, almost like mirrors into his thoughts, the way his eye shines when he looked at anything he loved, the way they twinkled when he laughed, they were so comforting and beautiful. Most of all she will never forget how beautiful they were looking into her bright green eyes.