Is It Time To Go Home?

AN - This story goes off on a completely different tangent to the storyline on The Vampire Diaries. This is post Breaking Dawn, but I have played around with the timelines a bit. This is set kind of in Season Seven of the Vampire Diaries for the storyline with the Heretics and Elena having fallen into her magical coma. This story does include all of the Cullen's and mentions of Charlie. I will not be including the wolf pack as I did not like the way Stephanie Meyer did the whole Renesmee and Jacob imprint.

A young vampire ran through the forest, her husband and their daughter running beside them. Now that all of the drama with the Volturi was over, they were free to live their lives as a family, without the risk of impending doom constantly hanging over their heads. But despite Bella having everything that she had always wanted, life still wasn't picturesque, there were two people missing.

For years, Bella had been in love with Edward Cullen, and she knew that once she found out his secret, she had to share hers with him, she had to tell him the whole truth. The truth is that she was a 170-year-old vampire, not the same kind of the Cullen clan, but the kind that burns in the sun. She had lived happily in Mystic Falls in 1864 with her father and two brothers, Stefan and Damon. Her mother had died when they were ten, completely devastating the three children. Their father never had that much time for them, so Damon looked after Stefan and Bella, although he was only five years older than the pair. Stefan and Bella were twins, both born in 1847 to Giuseppe and Lily Salvatore, Damon was born five years before. Bella, or Isabella as she was known back then, was changed in 1864 by a girl her brothers spent their lives swanning over, Katherine Pierce.

Bella always knew why Katherine had changed her, she saw her as a threat. To Katherine, Bella was simply a burden, someone who took away the attention of Stefan and Damon. So, being typical vindictive Katherine, she had ensured that Bella was killed with vampire blood in her system. But Katherine's cruelness did not finish there. To ensure that every facet of the Salvatores' attention was placed upon her, Katherine had sent Bella away, claiming that her brothers hated her for the monster she had become. Bella hadn't seen Damon or Stefan since and she was sure they were dead bu now, as they had been for years. Bella had never returned to Mystic Falls, never being able to return to the place she knew her brothers were buried. It would simply be too painful for words.

Bella made the final leap over the river towards the house, Edward and Renesmee following behind her. Although Edward loved to think he was the fastest, he knows that Bella's age gave her an advantage over him. Bella walked into the room through the large sliding door to find everyone congregated on the couches.

"What's going on?" she asked, looking towards Edward, his face was showing a look of realisation.

"We think it's time to move again, we have been here for almost six years, the longest we have ever been in one place. As Bella, you are the newest addition to our family, we think it's right that you choose where we move next." Carlisle said, reaching up to put his arm around Esme's shoulders.

"Virginia, Mystic Falls." The words were out of Bella's mouth before she even registered them in her brain.

A look of understanding crossed Carlisle's face, Bella looked around the rest of her family, looking for any reason why they wouldn't want to move there. Thankfully, nobody objected to her suggestion.

...

It only took the family a few days to get organised. As they were all supposed to be at college at that time, there was no need to worry about high school. Carlisle tied loose ends with finances and investments in Forks before he resigned from the hospital. Esme found a new house on the outskirts of Mystic Falls and furnished it to perfection like she always did to every house they had ever moved to. Finally, Edward and secured his and Bella's little cottage, him promising that one day they would come back for it. Finally, everyone was ready to leave. Bella wasn't thankful in the slightest that it had only taken four days to take care of everything in Forks, she would have appreciated a few weeks at least. Every day was one day closer to returning to Mystic Falls, the place she had been born, the place where her brothers had died.