Chapter 1

For Anella_Chaucer, the queen (probably) of Jamilton. And also probably married to Daveed, Daveed just doesn't know it yet.
:3
                          ~~~~~
  Alex felt his stomach lurch. John was dead? This couldn't be right... Was this some sick joke? Did Laf send this to mess with him? There were so many thoughts running through his head...
  "Alexander, are you alright?" He heard Eliza say. But no, he was anything except alright. Everything except alright. The words of the letter repeated over and over in his head, they wouldn't disappear. John, his love, was dead. He didn't want to believe it. He fell back into his desk chair, and looked down. He felt tears well in his eyes.
  "I have so much work to do..." He said, and turned to his desk. He just said that to get Eliza away. Would he even be able to work in a time like this? No, he just wanted to be alone. He heard the door to the office close, and Eliza's soft footsteps as she walked away. Alexander slammed his head onto the table, and tried to hold back tears. Tried.
                         ~~~~~
  Yes, I know the timing is canonically off. Jeffs came in 1789, My little baby died in 1782, but just pretend they were only a few months apart, okay? Also, let's pretend Ham isn't married to Eliza, and that they're just friends that lived together. (Yes, I know that wasn't very accepted then. Shh, just pretend.)
                         ~~~~~
  Alex walked down the road, on his way to meet Washington. He was made Secretary of Treasury for the new government, and there was supposedly some sort of meeting held today. He continued to walk quickly. He would be early, but whatever. Though his legs were getting tired... He decided to sit down on a bench. He slipped his hands into his pocket, trying to battle the cold weather. He felt a small piece of paper, and his feelings sunk. He pulled it out, and unfolded it. And there he was. John Laurens, the love of his life. God, he missed him. He felt a small tear well up in his eye, but he quickly wiped it away. It was horrible that the only thing he had left of him was a poorly made sketch, but he was glad to have at least that. He always kept it with him...
  Suddenly, a gust of wind came. The paper flew from his hand.
  "No!" He yelled, and ran after it. The wind carried it higher and higher, until it was almost out of reach. It flew further away, and he began to lose hope. Then, a dark colored hand rose up from the crowd, and caught the paper from the air. Alex, close to tears, sighed in relief. The stranger stepped away from the rest of the crowd, and looked around curiously. Alex ran to him, and tapped him on the shoulder. He quickly turned around.
  "Excuse me, that's mine..." Alex said softly.
  "Oh, here!" The man said, a Virginian accent coming through, and handed the sketch to Alex. Alex smiled, and folded the paper back up.
  "Thank you so much, you have no idea how much this means to me." Alex said as he tucked the paper safely into his pocket.
  "I see why you love it so much, it's a good drawing." The man said.
  "Thanks, but that's not why I love it." He said softly, and avoided eye contact. "Sorry, but I've gotta go. Thanks again!" Alex started to walk away, but he was stopped by the stranger.
  "Wait, I didn't catch your name!" He said, and smiled.
  "Oh..." Alex said. "Alexander, Alexander Hamilton."
  The man chuckled.
  "Thomas Jefferson."
  The two stood for a few seconds.
  "Well, I'll let you go. It was nice to meet you!" Thomas said, and extended a hand. Alex stared for a second, before he got that he was supposed to shake his hand. He did, and smile gently.
  "You too!" He said, and walked away. He patted his pocket to make sure the paper was still safe, and smiled softly. He continued to walk, until he got to the building his so called "meeting" was in. He opened the door, and saw a table with three people. Washington was there, there was somebody else there. He had a slim figure, and was holding a handkerchief to his face. There was somebody else too, with a familiar head of hair...
  "Thomas?" Alex asked. Thomas turned his head to face him, and smiled softly.
  "Alexander? What're you doing here?"
  "Treasury..."
  "State!" Thomas replied. Alex looked over at the other person next to Thomas.
  "I'm just with him..." He said, guesturing to Thomas as he coughed into his handkerchief.
  "You two know each other?" Washington asked with a slight smile as Hamilton sat down.
  "Not really..." Alex said softly.
  "We met on the way here. He dropped a paper, I picked it up for him." Thomas said, and smiled. Alex blushed slightly. The way he explained it made him seem like some schoolgirl who needs someone to carry her books...
  "Well, introductions for you two are done at least. Madison, would you like to introduce yourself?"
  Madison nodded, and held out a hand.
  "I'm James." He said, and coughed again into his handkerchief. Alexander lightly shook his hand.
  "Are you okay? Are you you sick?" He asked, slightly worried.
  "It's fine, I'm always like this." James answered with a light smile. Alex chuckled softly and nodded. Thomas laughed, and put and arm around James, his hand lingering for a second on his neck. Alex recognized that guesture, since it was something that was shown with both him and John, and Herc and Laf. Pretty much the international sign of "I want to give you a hug or something, but I'm not sure if the people I'm with would be offended." Which meant Thomas and James were probably a couple. Alex didn't know why he was let down by that thought, but he was...
  "Anyways, let's start our first cabinet meeting. The issue on the table..." George said. It was followed by a long group talk about various political issues. Turns out Jefferson had drastically different views from Alexander. He owned slaves. It was a miracle they could even get along with each other. When the meeting was dismissed, the three left for home, James and Thomas walking side by side, Alex walking by himself. They were walking the same way... Guess Thomas and Madison just lived on the same side of New York as him.
  "Hey, Alex!" Thomas said, getting Hamilton's attention. Alex's head shot up.
  "Come here, talk with us." Thomas said. Alex slowly walked over to them, and just walked awkwardly next to the two. At one point, James and Thomas walked extremely close to each other, Thomas' arm around Madison, just talking. But when they remembered Alex was there, they separated. After a minute, Alex spoke up.
  "I have a weird question..." He said.
  "Hmm?" Thomas and James both said.
  "Are you two like..." He started, but sort of drifted off. James lightly blushed, but Thomas kept a straight face.
  "Are we what?" He asked, a hint of anger in his voice.
  "Are you a couple? Like, dating?" Alex asked. There was a moment of silence.
  "That depends, are you gonna send us to some "mental hospital" if we are?" Thomas asked, still slightly angry. James but a hand on his shoulder.
  "Wha- No! Of course not!" Alex said, looking a bit blown back. Thomas sighed, and smiled lightly.
  "Then yes, we are." He leaned over and kissed James lightly on the cheek. Alex chuckled.
  "I miss that..." He said softly, and looked away. He slipped his hand into his pocket, and lightly held onto the small paper.
  "You miss what?" Thomas asked.
  "Actually having somebody to care about..." He took the paper out of his pocket, and looked down at the sketch of his deceased lover. "God, I miss him." He said softly, and held back tears.
  "Ex?" Thomas asked.
  "He died..."
  "Oh..." Jefferson said, and looked over at James, then back at Alexander. "Sorry..."
  "It's fine..." Nobody talked for a few minutes.
  "...What was his name?" Thomas eventually asked.
  "John Laurens." Alex said softly. Thomas' eyes widened slightly at the name. John Laurens, son of a famous slave owner. The one who ruined the family name by going completely against their legacy, and attempting to recruit slaves for the military. Thomas, being a Virginian and a slave owner, didn't really like him or his motives, but held back. He could see that Alex was in emotional pain, he didn't want to rub salt on the wound by expressing his hate for him. The poor man, he lost his boyfriend to the war, even after it was already won. Thomas lightly put a hand on Alex's shoulder. A burst of wind came, and blew Alex's ebony hair into his face. He didn't seem to notice. Thomas chuckled.
  "You should put that away, we wouldn't want it to be blown away again, would we?" He said in a slightly joking manner. Alex smiled softly and folded the paper back up, slipping it into his pocket.
  "Thomas, we're here." James spoke up. Jefferson looked up, and saw his and James' shared house.
  "Oh!" He said. "Bye Alex!" Thomas said, as he took James' hand and lead him to the house.
  "Bye!" Alex said, and waved to the two. He smiled softly to himself, and walked the rest of the way home.