Prologue 1

Sombra's POV

I trotted back and forth in the hallway, beads of sweat trickling down my forehead. I was terrified that either Chrysalis (or Chrys as I called her) would die after all this, or my foal was stillborn. Or maybe both! The door then opened, showing the changeling breeder. I must have looked anticipated, for the breeder smiled, and let me come in. I gasped softly as I saw Chrys holding a blue bundle in her hooves, singing softly. "C-Chrys?". I managed to say. She looked up at me, then gazed upon that bundle, "Sombra, meet our little angel~.". My shock turned into awe as I saw my son. "Of all we could have been given. A little prince~." I whispered. Chrys then handed him to me. I was puzzled. What was I supposed to do? Yet as he opened her eyes, my fears began to melt away. He had his Momma's eyes! He made half sleep sounds of curiosity as I nuzzled him. Chrys smiled warmly. "Don't you worry, my little prince. I will protect you with my life, and I will always be there for you. I promise. Shadow Star~.".

When Chrys and I announced our heir, the subjects cheered, cried, and squealed. Yet, our little prince needs a normal life, for now at least. Soon, he will take his place in the kingdom of Camellia.